- In React, component state is mutated using the function setState(), while in Vue, you just change the variable value directly or you use v-model directive in an HTML template and it’s all magical.
- Any mildly complex Vue or React app needs state management — using Redux, V\uex or similar — for app state and that involves state update function.
- When creating React or Vue components this way, you have to write your own change handlers to modify state.
- Vue’s data model is inspired by React and other frameworks based on observables.
- In the React world create-react-app is a CLI tool, like Vue CLI for scaffolding apps.
- Here are a few points brought up by people on either side regarding the two candidates:
Has a (relatively speaking) higher learning curve, which might prove to be a barrier especially to new JS developers or WordPress developers adopting JS
Licensing issues (particularly this one)
Some WordPress contributors worry about so tightly linking WordPress to React, and by extension Facebook, a company whose ideology does not quite align with that of WordPress.