- But for a feature rich app experience, it’s just not going to give good enough results.Even Facebook initially built their app as a mobile web app to be able to roll out features faster, but eventually switched back to native.Write once, build nativeIf each native platform needs code written in it’s…
- Microsoft has invested heavily in cross platform mobile tooling, because as less than 1% of the global market for mobile devices, no one is going to build apps for just their platform alone.A slightly different approach is used by React Native (and Native Script).
- While the word hybrid is certainly apt, React Native works so differently from the HTML based hybrid app options, I’d like to think of it as different class instead, with it’s main characteristic being the way it plays puppeteer to the native interface.The way that this works in practice is…
- So far, I haven’t needed this escape hatch, but it’s good to know that it’s there.SummaryHere’s my opinionated breakdown.Separate native mobile apps give a good result but having multiple code-bases is both too expensive and too slow for fast-moving companies.Mobile friendly web design is very important for all websites, but…
You’re an entrepreneur or project manager trying to see if a technical decision is right for your business, but what’s the most cost effective way for your engineers to build a mobile product? As a…
Continue reading “How to mobilise your idea – Cogent Blog”
- You get code and data splitting out-of-the-box.
- Code and data for other pages get preloaded so clicking around the site feels incredibly fast.
Continue reading “Building a static website from scratch? Go @gatsbyjs. Most impressive framework I’ve seen. Powered by @reactjs.”
- Angular’s shift away from direct DOM access, allows for using it to build apps on all sorts of platforms.
- Desktop apps, fully native mobile apps and even microcontrollers can all be developed for with Angular.
- In this session, we’ll develop a web app, a fully native mobile app and an IoT-app all based on Angular and a similar code base.
- You’ll learn how to share code between these platforms and how you should design your architecture to build such robust Angular applications.
- But mind you, you’ll learn a lot of good practices for your Angular based web development and you’ll gain a deep understanding of the philosophy behind the Angular framework.
This Time it’s all about Angular and React.
Angular is not a web framework! by Julian Steiner
… Angular is a platform! Angular’s shift away from direct D
Continue reading “📣 Handling complex forms in #reactjs with ease by @ArcEglos – next Tuesday @arangodb”
- Converting a React App to React NativeI have been working on a lot of mobile projects lately — including Cordova, PhoneGap, React Native, some Ionic and Swift — but I have to say, React Native is by far the best experience in mobile development I have had so far.
- It shares the same workflow as a React application for the web which is pretty easy to reason about and find where things are quickly.Now I am building an app to gamify recycling in Indiana.
- Since the web app is in React, I figured it would be easier to build the Native version in iOS and Android at the same time using React Native.Here are some mockups to give you an idea.
- (I changed the menu from the right side to the left side after this)Setting Up the React Native AppWhere React Native outdoes React is on it’s simple set up for apps.
- That was pretty quick and easy —I just installed a few modules and wrote a minimal amount of code.List ViewsMost of the components I made I was able to copy from my web app and just update the UI.For this app, I have an ever-growing array of various characters that I wanted to display in a scrollable list on mobile.
I have been working on a lot of mobile projects lately — including Cordova, PhoneGap, React Native, some Ionic and Swift — but I have to say, React Native is by far the best experience in mobile…
Continue reading “Converting a React App to React Native – Gwendolyn Faraday – Medium”
- Hundreds of developers use react to create dynamic user interfaces and deliver cutting-edge applications with the best user experience possible
- Don’t wait – Join the class React for beginners Tutorial to get up and running with React in no-time
- Knowing library in high demand in the tech industry
- Together we will build a web app – we will put everything together to create a basic Todo App with functions that will allows users to add, edit and delete tasks to do.
Coupon 100 10 15 75 Learn React with hands-on examples and build a todo list application in a couple of hours
Continue reading “React for beginners tutorial Coupon Save 71 %”
- /pages/index.js // Import React import React from ‘react’ // Export an anonymous arrow function // which returns the template export default () => (
This is just so easy!
- import React from ‘react’ import Head from ‘next/head’ import axios from ‘axios’; export default class extends React.
- Our index page does not implement this performance related feature in details page.
- /pages/details.js import React from ‘react’ // Import Link from next import Link from ‘next/link’ export default () => (
The term “universal” is a community-coined term for building web apps that render happily on a server. You might be familiar with “isomorphic” as…
Continue reading “React Universal with Next.js: Server-side React”
- Once a user has logged in and navigated to a page that displays movies, the user can select a star rating for the movie or remove the rating of a movie he or she has already rated.
- When a user visits their own profile, the user will see movie recommendations.
- These users will be able to log in and out, rate movies, and receive movie recommendations.
- Before a User can rate a Movie , the the user has to exist – someone has to sign up for an account.
- Users with established tastes may be interested in finding movies with similar characteristics as his or her highly-rated movies, while not necessarily caring about whether another user has or hasn’t already rated the movie.
Learn how to add users and movie recommendation engine to the Neo4j Movie App Template using Node.js and React.js in addition to the Cypher query language.
Continue reading “Adding Users to the Node.js / React.js Neo4j Movie App”