- Top 10 Web Development Articles This Week on CodeburstWhatâs trending in WebDev this week?
Continue reading “Top 10 Web Development Articles This Week on Codeburst”
- Error boundaries catch errors during rendering, in lifecycle methods, and in constructors of the whole tree below them.”
- -Dan AbramovYou can create an error boundary class component by defining a new lifecycle method componentDidCatch(error, errorInfo).
- You can write one Error Boundary Component and re-use it throughout your app.Component All The ThingsIssues:¯\_(ツ)_/¯How do I use Error Boundaries?I’ve created a CodePen to demo the componentDidCatch() lifecycle method.
You can create an error boundary class component by defining a new lifecycle method componentDidCatch(error, errorInfo). The first method parameter is the actual error thrown. The second parameter is…
Continue reading “2 Minutes to Learn React 16’s componentDidCatch Lifecycle Method”
- The React Native monthly meeting continues!
- Here are the notes from each team: – – Trying to lower the entry barrier for the developers embracing React Native with the following things: – – The next session is scheduled for Wednesday 10, October 2017.
- As this was only our fourth meeting, we’d like to know how do these notes benefit the React Native community.
- Feel free to ping me on Twitter if you have any suggestion on how we should improve the output of the meeting.
The next session is scheduled for Wednesday 10, October 2017. As this was only our fourth meeting, we’d like to know how do these notes benefit the React Native community. Feel free to ping me on Twitter if you have any suggestion on how we should improve the output of the meeting.
Continue reading “React Native Monthly #4”
- In this tutorial, we’re going to use the excellent React Animated Number library to program a currency display component that changes color based on value.
- You can check out an example with our production all at Cryptodamus – – If you enjoyed this tutorial, make sure to subscribe to our Youtube Channel and follow us on Twitter @pentacodevids for latest updates!
In this tutorial, we’re going to use the excellent React Animated Number library to program a currency display component that changes color based on value. You
Continue reading “Number Flipping Effect With ReactJS”
- This year, we’re working on a complete refresh (Winds 2.0) that will introduce podcast support, enhanced social functionality, native iOS and Android applications, and much more.
- We decided to build an audio player for iOS and Android with Expo’s powerful audio API and, of course, React Native.
- Without React Native and the help of Expo, we would not have been able to target multiple operating systems in the timeframe that we have allotted and we would have to work with two separate codebases.
- By experimenting and building a fully functional proof of concept, we’re now one step closer to Winds 2.0, and couldn’t be happier to announce that the code is 100% open-source on GitHub.
Stream is hiring Go, Python, and Machine Learning Engineers. Join our team and help powers the feeds for more than 200 million end users!
Continue reading “Experimenting with React Native & Expo’s Audio API”
- Just look at your smartphone app icons, and you’ll see that a lot of them are blue: Facebook, Twitter, Shazam, Safari, etc.So why is blue the chosen color?There are a lot of reasons to use blue, I’ll list a few of them:People like this color.
- Surveys show majority of people see blue as their favorite color.
- Blue is strongly associated with clean water, clear skies, etc., which leads to its high preference as a color.Blue has an association with nature due to this being the color of ocean and sky.Universal color for UI designers.
- Blue is a very common color for websites and apps in the travel industry.
- ConclusionI hope that after reading this article you have a good idea of why blue color is so popular among designers.
As you probably already guessed this article is dedicated to blue color. Without a doubt, blue is one of the most important colors in UI design, and one of the most frequent. Just look at your…
Continue reading “The Most Important Color In UI Design – UX Planet”
- I can barely believe it, but over the last 27 months, Michael Jackson and I have taught React.js to over 3,500 developers at 91 workshops in eight different countries (Oh, and one prison cell in the UK, but I digress…)In that time we’ve learned a lot about React as library authors, product developers, and teachers.We’re the authors of React Router.
- That kind of usage has exposed us to the needs of all sorts of applications, pushing us to find simpler ways to be composable as library authors.Meeting 3,500 people (and more at the meet ups we regularly attend in our travels) has put a lot of code in front of us, and even more conversations about code.
- It’s been fun learning the unique needs of all these people and figuring out ways to make their code better as product developers.Teaching React to thousands has helped us identify parts that some folks initially struggle with.
- This helps us refine our material one workshop at a time, making us much better teachers.We’re happy to announce that we’re bringing all of that experience to you in our very first online course: Advanced React.js.
- We’ve taken the most popular parts of our workshops and put them into the course.
Ninety-one. I can barely believe it, but over the last 27 months, Michael Jackson and I have taught React.js to over 3,500 developers at 91 workshops in eight different countries (Oh, and one prison…
Continue reading “Announcing “Advanced React.js Online” – componentDidBlog”