- The following is a function with arguments having default values: – – Regardless of language, if a function takes more than ~3 parameters, it’s probably best to pass in an object name or that contains possible key/values; the equivalent would look like: – – What if you want to use…
- The following function signature would become: – – If you want to define defaults in the function configuration, you’d use the following: – – Setting a default with is important; with no default the following example would error: – – Destructuring is an awesome language feature but can lead to…
- Debounce Your React and Redux Code to Improve PerformanceA debounce is a tool that every web developer should have in their kit.
- Letâs take a look at the individual steps to understand how much we actually saved.After the debounce time expires after the final key press, the first step is to make our API call.
- Since we have debounced the function that fetches from our API, we only make the request once at the end of typing into the input.There are two things happening hereâââretrieving projects from the database and then performing heavy calculations to filter and sort the data.
- By debouncing, we prevent the setState() which serves to significantly reduce the number of times we force React to reconcile and append the list to the DOM.Without a debounce, this component would be almost unusable with such a large amount of data.
- In addition, you should consider wrapping any interaction that triggers excessive calculations or API calls with a debounce.
A debounce is a tool that every web developer should have in their kit. It improves performance by limiting the number of expensive calculations, API calls, and DOM updates. Although the debounce…
Continue reading “Debounce Your React and Redux Code to Improve Performance”
- How well that static site performs and how easily you can build that site is another story.ProsVery easy to get startedWell documentedConsSubpar developer experience for static functionality no hot-reloadingLarge per-page JS bundles, resulting in a lot of unnecessary duplicate code being downloaded.Difficult root component customizationDestructive routing.
- We also knew that we needed to ditch built-in proprietary connectors ASAP; being able to get your data from anywhere is important, but the ability to use and access that data in your site is paramount.Most importantly, we needed a tool that would allow us to build things like an…
- Itâs insanely fast, touts fantastic SEO capabilities, and is probably the most React-friendly static-site library on the internet.Letâs get to it.How does itÂ work?react-static starts by exporting a single JS bundle, which includes every template for your entire site.
- To connect a component to this data, you use a convenient HOC called getRouteProps.The HTML files generated by react-static ensure that pages load instantly and are optimized for SEO.Once the page is loaded, your site invisibly and instantly transitions to your react app.At this point, navigating around your app will…
- Youâve worked hard enough producing and organizing all of the data for your website, so the last thing you need is some superfluous GraphQL layer or custom component lifecycle lodging itself between your data and your pages.
At Nozzle.io, we take SEO, site performance, and user/developer experience very seriously. Over the last year, we’ve launched many sites using different static site tools that claim to solve these…
Continue reading “⚛️ 🚀 Introducing React-Static — A progressive static-site framework for React!”
- Typically you will store your translation data in json files, but the data can also be a vanilla JS object.
- Once your translation data is in the correct format use the addTranslation action creator.
- A selector that takes your redux and returns the raw translation data.
- Redux action creator to set which languages you are supporting in your translations.
- Redux action creator to add new translation data to your redux store.
Dead simple localization for your React/Redux components
Continue reading “💥 Just released some optimizations to react-localize-redux. mmmmjoy 💥 #reactjs #Redux”
- See how technologies have trended over time based on use of their tags since 2008, when Stack Overflow was founded.
- Enter up to 15 tags to compare growth and decline.
- Don’t know what tags to look at?
Use Stack Overflow Insights and get information required to understand, reach, and attract developers.Improve tech hiring, recruiting, developer marketing, and and planning initiatives.
Continue reading “Stack Overflow Trends”
- IV- Put your icons in your app
- III- Install react-native-vector-icons in your RN project
- With a vector editing tool (like Illustrator), create your custom icon.
- The config files already include the mapping between the characters (icons) of your font and how your code can find and use them.
Learn how to add custom icons to your React Native application on Android and iOS with React Native Vector Icons and Fontello or Icomoon
Continue reading “Add custom icons to your React Native application”
- jQuery drop down menu with images – ddSlick
- Easily internationalizable solution, made using React JS.
- The “react-dates” is a nice, mobile friendly datepicker from Airbnb .
- Open MCT – a web based mission control framework.
React-dates is a nice, mobile friendly datepicker, implemented by Airbnb, using an awesome React JS web development framework.
Continue reading “Mobile friendly datepicker with React JS”
- React Native based application to locate Pokemons around you
- React Native app leveraging the PokÃ©vision API in order to display all the PokÃ©mon around you.
- So many React Native Pokemon apps
- React, React Native and Logos are a Facebook Copyright.
- Built by The Bakery , with Baker , we’ll probably focus on this tool soon.
Read the full article, click here.
@UseReactNative: “Can you actually Catch ‘Em All? So many #ReactNative Pokemon apps”
Back from your hunt? Good, now it’s time to plan your next move.
One good one is to sit and take your time to build your next weapon, with React Native.
Can you actually Catch ‘Em All? So many React Native Pokemon apps
- It first creates a virtual DOM and then uses a diffing algorithm to determine if the DOM needs to update.
- Then the element is passed to the library’s custom React Component as state.
- The way elements are first mounted to the DOM through React, and can then benefit from React’s Lifecycle methods like componentWillUnmount.
- The way the React D3 Library works is the user first gives D3 a generic DOM element to work with rather than an element on the actual DOM.
- But D3 will temporary be given access to the DOM after they have mounted, to directly apply the complex transitions, animations, etc.
Read the full article, click here.
@survivejs: “react-d3-library – #reactjs friendly bindings for the D3 visualization library”
Today I am releasing, along with Daniel Joon Lee and David Loyst, the React D3 Library. It’s a tool that aims to simplify the process of…
An open source library for using D3 in React — WDstack — Medium