- Cboard is an augmentative and alternative communication (AAC) web application, allowing users with speech and language impairments (autism, cerebral palsy) to communicate by symbols and text-to-speech.
- The app uses the browser’s Speech Synthesis API to generate speech when a symbol is clicked, there are 3400 symbols to choose from when creating a board.
- Cboard is available in 33 languages (support varies by platform – Android, iOS, Windows).
- By default, it also includes a service worker so that Cboard loads from local cache on future visits.
- Thank you to BrowserStack for providing the infrastructure to test Cboard in real browsers.
cboard – AAC communication board with text-to-speech for the browser
Continue reading “Looking for a @reactjs project to contribute to? Here’s a 💯 communication board for people with speech impairments:”