- When you build an application in ReactJs you will have to split the UI into reusable components and think about each of them in isolation.When the user interacts with our application in ReactJs, for example, by hovering, pressing a key, clicking… These actions trigger many other events on the UI…
- So, why is understanding lifecycle methods so important?Let’s imagine that you are building an application in ReactJs, for example, a video player app, like Vimeo, Twitch or Youtube .
- Now, your user is using the player app on his/her laptop and decides to search for a fun video to watch, found the video, and then selected to watch it.Let’s suppose that the player app is consuming only resources like network data and the battery power.After some time watching videos…
- When we build an application in ReactJs , we can predict different type of actions by the user, placing some hooks and triggers.These triggers and hooks are available by component lifecycle methods in Reactjs.
- They will help us to create the most efficient piece of the software as possible.To place correctly the hook methods into the components we need to learn more about the four stages of ReactJs component.The ReactJs component goes through the Four following is a little diagram to demonstrate those phases.InitializationIn…
Components are the core of ReactJs. When you build an application in ReactJs you will have to split the UI into reusable components and think about each of them in isolation. When the user interacts…
Continue reading “Why do we need to understand the ReactJs life cycle methods?”
- No Bundle URL PresentAfter you create a production build for React Native iOS, you might get No Bundle URL Present when reverting to developmentThe instructions for creating a production build for a React Native iOS app are located in the docs here, under the section Building your app for production.However, when…
- If not done properly, you might encounter the error message below.When resetting the NSAppTransportSecurity properly in the Info.plist file, syntax errors and their ilk are easy to evoke.
- I was using Sublime for my text editor.Below was the default configuration in the Info.plist file when the project was created with React Native.
- This was the code I pasted back in to remove the No Bundle URL Present dict keyNSExceptionDomains/key dict keylocalhost/key dict true/ /dict /dict /dictFor a good explanation of app transport security, see this article by Steve Peterson.The Info.plist file can usually be located in your React Native project root /ios/appName/Info….
- Lastly, this solution was only used for a manual configuration and not by React Native CLI.
The instructions for creating a production build for a React Native iOS app are located in the docs here, under the section Building your app for production. However, when you go back to a…
Continue reading “No Bundle URL Present – Joshua Kuhar – Medium”
- This workshop is aimed at understanding the fundamentals of React.
- Throughout the day, participants will work to build an application by incrementally learning each fundamental concept in React.
- By taking the time to implement it into an application, participants will get a hands-on approach to understanding why and how React works.
- Refunds for HackerYou workshops will only be given if we are notified 7 days prior to the event.
Eventbrite – HackerYou presents React Fundamentals with Wes Bos – Friday, September 8, 2017 at HackerYou, Toronto, ON. Find event and ticket information.
Continue reading “React Fundamentals with Wes Bos Tickets, Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 9:00 AM”
- Then two weeks ago I read a pull request from create react app that was the first time I read about prettier.
- Now I’m using the prettier-atom plugin in combination with ESLint, also disabled all formatting from language-babel and it works really great!The list of plugins I useI use Atom for developing new stuff with React, Node.js and Ember.js and for maintaining older projects with PHP/Symfony.
Continue reading “What is the best editor for my needs? – arkulpa – Medium”
- The file .eslintrc is a JSON file responsible for configuring your individual linting rules.
- Each import would result in a linting error.
- Using the “translate_tabs_to_spaces” key neutralizes the default linting rule “no-mixed-spaces-and-tabs” .
- As our code is guarded by linting rules, we are guaranteed to produce consistent code, increasing maintainability.
ESLint helps us catch mistakes by enforcing consistent standards and best practices. As our code is guarded by linting rules, we are guaranteed to produce consistent code, increasing maintainability.
Continue reading “Use ESLint Like a Pro with ES6 and React – Zsolt Nagy”
- Software Engineer at Propel(x), Workshop Chapter Leader at Girl Develop It
- â ¢ How data moves around on the web, and what is possible using a server
- If you have any questions at all about the workshop, please leave a comment below!
- The workshop is taught by Esther Weon, Software Engineer at Presence Product Group.
Node.js is a popular back-end JavaS
- You will learn how to create a full functional app, a polling app, from start to finish.
- With Meteor.js you can build sophisticated real-time web apps faster than you can imagine.
- Anyone wanting to learn how to build web apps
- With the course you will learn all that you need to start creating your own cutting-edge web apps with Meteor and React.
- Meteor is a new framework that makes building web apps easier, simpler, and faster.
Continue reading “Create Web Apps with Meteor & React”