- RxJS — OSS “Behind Closed Doors”Behind every successful open source project is a group of motivated individuals who come together and combine ideas to produce something great.Tracy Lee — This Dot, Ben Lesh — Project Lead for RxJS5+, Jay Phelps — RxJS Core ContributorRxJS Contributor Days brought together this group of people this year.
- Led by Ben Lesh (@benlesh), project lead for RxJS5+ and software engineer at Google, Jay Phelps (@_jayphelps), core contributor to RxJS and software engineer at Netflix, and Paul Taylor (@trxcllnt), core contributor to RxJS, and Tracy Lee (@ladyleet) the event was a success.One of the goals of Contributor Days was to strengthen relationships within the existing RxJS community.
- Subject matters concerning RxJS such as operator philosophy, versioning, standardization, size and modularity vs. ergonomics were presented, and met with a great exchange of ideas.In addition to maximizing the strengths and improving the weaker elements of the library, RxJS Contributor days was also hosted to create greater opportunities for new contributors to explore.
- Reach out and ask how you can help, or gather ideas and action items from the videos below.RECORDED DISCUSSIONSRXJS Contributor Days — A Summary : 5+ and Beyond Talk by Ben Lesh at Contributor Days : 5 Operator Architecture Talk by Paul Taylor at Contributor Days : Contributor Days Discussion — 1 Operator Philosophy and Versioning : Contributor Days Discussion — 2 Size Modularity vs. Ergonomics vs. Performance : Contributor Days Discussion — 3 Breaking Changes Communication : Contributor Days Discussion — 4 Zone.js Integration : Contributor Days Discussion — 5 Helping Newbies Understand the value of Rx : Contributor Days Discussion — 6 Debugger : Contributor Days Discussion — 7 Standardization : Contributor Days Discussion — 8 Reducing Beginner Pain : Gechev (Minko Gechev) and Uri Goldshtein (Urigo) at RxJS Contributor DaysContributor Days seeks to develop relationships and unity between developers and users alike, and RxJS Contributor days is just one example.
- Creating great open source software is a community effort, and by no means could libraries exist without collaboration and input.You can find out about upcoming Contributor Days at http://contributordays.com.
Behind every successful open source project is a group of motivated individuals who come together and combine ideas to produce something great. RxJS Contributor Days brought together this group of…
Continue reading “RxJS — OSS “Behind Closed Doors” – This Dot Media – Medium”