- If you’re just getting started with RN, or you are experienced and are about to start a new project, here are the tools I recommend that you add to your React Native repertoire: – – Thanks for checking out this article!
Supercharge your RN development with these tools!
Continue reading “The 14-Point Checklist Every React Native Developer Needs In Their Toolkit”
- This method returns name of the module by which you can access it from React Native.
- Also, you need a constructor with React Application Context.Here, we have also created an instance of AppSharedPreferenceManager (a class which handles shared preferences) which we will need in next steps.Note: If you don’t want to do SharedPreference operations in other class then you can simply create SharedPreference instance instead here of 2: Create the packagerNow we need packager to provide this module to React Instance Manager, so Create a new java file SharedPreferencePackager.java at your convenient path and extend it with ReactPackage.
- This packager can also be used for Native Ui Components and JS modules, but in this blog we are only focusing on Native Modules so we are returning empty list in other two methods.Step 3 : Add package to React Instance ManagerAs we have created the SharePreferencePackager now we are ready to add it in React Instance Manager.
- In that case you need to add this package inside getPackages() method.Step 4: Add methods and usageNow we are ready with the Native Module.
- When you have data you can invoke the callback and the rest will be handled by JS.Here is the code snippet in React Native to use the created Native Module.
Well, when you are developing hybrid apps (React Native for some modules and native android for rest of the module) then you must have came up with this situation that How can I use the native…
Continue reading “How to use Native Modules in React Native + Android”
- You can use an image from the camera roll or a base64 encoded image.
- For example, base64 support for images or updates to support latest React Native versions were done by the community.
- To resize local image files, we created react-native-image-resizer .
- Our package helps you with this situation by allowing image resizing directly from React Native.
- Whenever your app requires the user to take a picture with the camera , or from the camera roll, the image is so heavy that it takes ages to upload it on the server.
Rescale local image files in your React Native app, to reduce their size and upload them to a server.
Continue reading “Resize local images with React Native”