- You can check out the story of the design process, but this article focuses on how I was able to implement The Global Upvote for aspiring devs.
- This stopped pushing the risk of abusing my Reddit API limits and shortened story load times because I would not have to ping the Reddit API every time.Keeping It ProgressiveWanna know the cheap, dirty secret about making a progressive web app in React?
- To improve this score, I made skeletons that would appear when my app’s state was fetching.Plugging a PluginBefore publishing The Global Upvote, I had determined that I wanted the user to be able to save the experience as their new tab for Chrome and Firefox.
- Google includes a similar extension in their sample downloads, and I was working in no time with the Global Upvote Tab Extension.
- If you want to dive into the design side of this project, check out the twin story: Desinging a Newspaper As a Freakin’ Progressive Web App!
A in-depth look of the coding process for The Global Upvote: Top voted stories across the web, summarized and updated every sixty seconds.
Continue reading “Coding a Newspaper As a Freakin’ Progressive Web App”
- Sample Code of match api from react-routerBundlingVarious ways are available to bundle the app with minimum size using Webpack.I say separating the vendor libraries and components is the best way to reduce the bundling size.
- The remaining two bundles are precisely due to code splitting.react-router can be used for Route based splitting out of box with WebpackWorkers From WebWeb workers and Service workers are most useful feature from web.
- Both the workers have no access to DOM.Web Workers are use to do heavy operation in separate thread of browser and return result to the web app.Service workers are useful for caching the request.
- All three attributes are used for loading the scripting without blocking onLoad function.Use Web manifest.json to have Native feel when users does Add to Home Screen in Mobile.Use LightHouse Chrome extension to validate your websiteUseful ArticlesProgressive web app with with React.js — Four LiteUber ClonePrefer defer over AsyncGetting most out of CommonChunksPluginVendor and Code Splitting in WebpackUseful webpack pluginsThe Offline CookbookHttp Browser Caching
Progressive Web Apps is a paradigm to make webapp more efficient on mobile devices. They are the future. Note: This is not a complete clone of WhatsApp Web but minimal one to have an understanding of…
Continue reading “My Experience With Progressive Web Apps – Renganatha Arunachalam – Medium”