- However with the Android market share being pretty high, we had to make sure our app worked on both Android and iOS.
- We wanted the iOS app to look and feel native.That’s where React Native came into the picture.
- Could React Native pull this off and still look native?A few months down the line, with our iOS and Android app on the respective stores, I can tell you the journey was nothing but spectacular.
- But hey, if we could go from an iOS app to fully functional Android app in 2 days, can it really get any better?Honestly I have never written an app for iOS on objective C that didn’t crash during beta testing a few times.
- And to my amazement, our React Native app on iOS is yet to crash even once during production run.
At Genie! we like to spend most of our time giving our users the best experience to send and receive gifts. However I only had expertise writing apps for iOS and not Android. When we first decided to…
Continue reading “We built our entire startup on React Native and this is what we found out”