- This post is going to cover adding a React project to the existing using the React template that is now built into Visual Studio.
- The goal for the React project in this initial post will be to connect to the contacts API and download a list of contacts and render that to the screen.
- The following is the resulting React project in the context of the full solution.
- Next, make sure and run npm install from a command prompt in the React project’s directory to ensure all the npm packages get restored.
- Since this is my first time working with React I took the FetchData.tsx file and copied the contents and used that as the starting point for my contact list.
In the past, I have done some exploration on Aurelia and Angular via the ASP.NET Core Basics series. This post is going to take a similar approach as I start doing some exploration with React. The code for the project will be in the same repo as the previous basics examples and will be utilizing the same API to pull data. The code before adding the React project can be found here.
Continue reading “ASP.NET Core Basics: React with an API – Eric L. Anderson”
- Right now QuotesKeeper is already in AppStore and we’ll be posting updated thoughts about React Native soon.Some time ago at DayOne.pl we started a project to build 3 apps with 3 devs in 30 days — the one month project.
- Most of the knowledge you have about components, lifecycle, state, props, mixins, etc. can be used in your React Native project.
- Just like you would do in regular React app.There are plenty of libraries ready to be used by your project if any native component is missing.
- Also built-in React Native list component start scrolling very slow when you have so many elements.
- You really need to test things out if you plan to work on large datasets.SummaryTo sum things up — would I use React Native in my next project?
First thoughts about React Native after more than a month of iOS app development. Good and bad sides of building your app with React Native.
Continue reading “React Native — first impressions – Real Life Programming – Medium”
- create an app with native technologies
- We can’t wait to share actual screens from the app development with you.
- We’ll give the whole impression after we finish development, so stay tuned.
- Everything has already started with our second announced project – Quotes Keeper.
- React Native promise shorter development time with almost no drawbacks since it uses native components under the hood.
Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen.
Continue reading “OneMonthProject”
- Start a Meetup Group Start a Meetup Group
- We are the first meetup group in Barcelona about Facebook React.
- In the talk, I’ll talk about virtual rendering in React and how react-virtualized library allows us to use it effectively.
- But if you still be on the waitlist at the time of the event, don’t be upset, we’re still planning to have a live-stream.
- Come, learn, and share your react experience!
Read the full article, click here.
@dmitryzaets: “Just finished slides for my talk at ReactJS Barcelona meetup!”
After a long wait, we have a new React event. It will be hosted in Redbooth office and there will be free beers.
We have 2 planned talks:
Intro to react-virtualized
React is an awesome libr
ReactJS June 2016