- The node package manager is used to install libraries/frameworks (node packages), such as React, on the command line to your project.
- That’s why my recommendation would be Visual Studio Code to start developing React applications on MacOS.
- The installation on a MacOS machine is simple: Navigate to the official Visual Studio Code website and download the recent version of VS Code.
- That’s your integrated command line in Visual Studio Code to install node packages with NPM or to start/test your project.
- On the command line (in Visual Studio Code), type the following command to install create-react-app: – – This package allows you to bootstrap React applications with zero-configuration.
A concise step by step guide on how to setup React.js on MacOS. In a few steps, you will install Visual Studio Code, Node.js, NPM, Git, Prettier and create-react-app for building React applications with Mac OS …
Continue reading “A simple React.js on MacOS Setup”