- The Virtual DOM is at the core of what makes React fast at rendering user interface elements and their changes.
- Each time there are changes to the underlying data in a React app, React creates a new Virtual DOM representation of the user interface.
- This is where efficient diff algorithms, batching DOM read/write operations, and limiting DOM changes to the bare minimum necessary, make using React JS and its Virtual DOM a great choice for building performant apps.
- Our First 50,000 Stars — Vjeux
Although some would argue that all projects need React JS, I think it’s uncontroversial to say that React would be a great fit for web apps where you need to keep a complex, interactive UI in sync with frequent changes in the underlying data model.
If you’re curious about how React JS and its Virtual DOM work, here’s where you can learn more:
Maria Antonietta Perna discusses what makes React JS a great fit for building fast UIs and introduces the concept of the Virtual DOM and how React uses it.
Continue reading “Why Use React JS for Fast Interactive User Interfaces? — SitePoint”
- I read articles and saw videos about react, later I decided search a course, It called my attention “react for beginners” by Wes Bos, I learned other topics in courses the Wes Bos for example Flexbox, then I decided to take that course (React for Beginners).
- Example Project course.The project we develop in this course is called “Catch of the day”, we not only learned about react but also firebase, in this course I understood about the JSX, state, props, components, routing, fetch data and other topics.For me this course is a good introduction to learn react, in this course we not use redux or other libraries to manage the state.Personally I liked React because I use ES6 in the process, for example .
- reducer, arrow functions and other features , I know there are other fantastic frameworks for example AngularJS/Angular or libraries such as VueJS, At this moment for my work React is the perfect tool.
In this article I want to show you about my learning experience using the technologies: “React” and “react-native”, in this moment I am not an expert in this topic, but I am convinced the best option…
Continue reading “Learning React and React-Native – Jorge Rubiano – Medium”
- Sample Code of match api from react-routerBundlingVarious ways are available to bundle the app with minimum size using Webpack.I say separating the vendor libraries and components is the best way to reduce the bundling size.
- The remaining two bundles are precisely due to code splitting.react-router can be used for Route based splitting out of box with WebpackWorkers From WebWeb workers and Service workers are most useful feature from web.
- Both the workers have no access to DOM.Web Workers are use to do heavy operation in separate thread of browser and return result to the web app.Service workers are useful for caching the request.
- All three attributes are used for loading the scripting without blocking onLoad function.Use Web manifest.json to have Native feel when users does Add to Home Screen in Mobile.Use LightHouse Chrome extension to validate your websiteUseful ArticlesProgressive web app with with React.js — Four LiteUber ClonePrefer defer over AsyncGetting most out of CommonChunksPluginVendor and Code Splitting in WebpackUseful webpack pluginsThe Offline CookbookHttp Browser Caching
Progressive Web Apps is a paradigm to make webapp more efficient on mobile devices. They are the future. Note: This is not a complete clone of WhatsApp Web but minimal one to have an understanding of…
Continue reading “My Experience With Progressive Web Apps – Renganatha Arunachalam – Medium”
- Ionic rich pre-built components, typescript simplicity and vast support of platforms convinced us to go with it for our mobile app.Ionic OverviewIonic is the only mobile app stack that enables web developers to build apps for all major app stores and the mobile web with a single code base.
- Ionic community has developed more than 4M ionic apps.Free Open Source — 100% source code on GithubFully Cross-Platform — IOS, Android, Windows, Web, Desktop, PWAPremier Native Plugins — Camera, Bluetooth, Push NotificationsFirst-class Documentation — Clear and ConsistentIonic 2 is based on Angular 2 which is based on TypeScript.
- Angular 2 is faster than Angular 1 and offers a much more flexible and modular development approach.Progressive Web Apps(PWA) — The mobile futureProgressive Web Apps bring features we expect from native apps to the mobile browser experience.
- Ionic apps enable developers to get the best of both worlds: cross-platform app store deployment on iOS, Android, and Windows, along with deployment to the mobile web as a Progressive Web App with the same code.
- See this amazing video to see power of PWA- 2 PerformanceWe deployed our in iOS platformBoot up time is as fast as native iOS appApp transitions are very smooth even with graphs drawn using highchartsTo see Ionic performance in Android, I created a basic weather app hit the ♥ below if you found this post useful, so that others can read it.Some good references
Last year, we decided to implement a mobile app for our team. As it’s an internal app, native performance wasn’t our first priority. Our goal was to deliver it as soon as possible with minimum…
Continue reading “Ionic vs React Native – Ankush Aggarwal – Medium”
- Progressive web apps (PWA) use the latest web technologies to create native-like performance and user experiences.
- By implementing PWA, businesses such as Google, AliExpress, and FlipKart have observed a 50-100% increase in retention and conversion rates.
- In this presentation we will learn the core concepts of PWA such as service worker, app manifest, and push notification.
- We will also look at how to use these exciting technologies to add offline capabilities to a React.js app as well as improve its speed and performance.
- He enjoys learning new technologies and sharing findings with the community.
Eventbrite – Winnipeg Dot Net User Group presents Introduction to Progressive Web Apps with React.js with George Chen – Wednesday, 22 March 2017 at Millennium Library Buchwald Room, 2nd floor, Winnipeg, MB. Find event and ticket information.
Continue reading “Introduction to Progressive Web Apps with React.js with George Chen Tickets, Wed, 22 Mar 2017 at 5:30 PM”
- Growth of mobile web traffic has been outpacing desktop web traffic for years, and data reveals that users are likely to abandon experiences that too long to load.
- Progressive web apps aim to be reliable, fast and engaging, regardless of form factor or quality of internet connection.
Progressive web apps aim to be reliable, fast and engaging, regardless of form factor or quality of internet connection.
We’ll walk through several key aspects of PWAs, illustrating performance and usability improvements by showing quantitative comparisons to an equivalent “classic SPA”.
Continue reading “Mike.Works”