- The product(s) you are about to install leverage the Web Platform Installer (WebPI) for installation.
- By downloading and using the Web Platform Installer (WebPI), you agree to the license terms and privacy statement for WebPI.
- This installer will contact Microsoft over the Internet to retrieve product information.
- WebPI uses the Microsoft Customer Experience Improvement Program (CEIP), which is turned on by default, see privacy statement for more information.
- To view which software uses CEIP, see here.
Home of the Microsoft ASP.NET development community. Download Visual Studio, post to the forums, read ASP.NET blogs and learn about ASP.NET.
Continue reading “The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site”
- The render method just returns another custom component called that receives the categories data and looks like this: – – The above component iterates over the list of categories that it receives as a prop and calls another custom component called to render a single category element.
- First, we need to make the connection with Redux by wrapping our main app component into a global store: – – In this example, the global app store will contain a list of categories and a list of products, which are merged together using the method from Redux.
- The reducer is just a function that listens to particular actions and changes a portion of the global state, in this case the list of products.
- That’s because the product list component is directly linked to the global app state, also using Redux.
- In this way, it can access the products data directly from the app store, iterate over the list of products and use a component to render a single product element.
Progressive Web Apps combine the best of the web and the best of apps. Here’s how to build them on WordPress and WooCommerce (code examples).
Continue reading “Want to Build Progressive Web Apps Based on WordPress and WooCommerce? Here’s How (w/ Code Examples)”
- You can check out the story of the design process, but this article focuses on how I was able to implement The Global Upvote for aspiring devs.
- This stopped pushing the risk of abusing my Reddit API limits and shortened story load times because I would not have to ping the Reddit API every time.Keeping It ProgressiveWanna know the cheap, dirty secret about making a progressive web app in React?
- To improve this score, I made skeletons that would appear when my app’s state was fetching.Plugging a PluginBefore publishing The Global Upvote, I had determined that I wanted the user to be able to save the experience as their new tab for Chrome and Firefox.
- Google includes a similar extension in their sample downloads, and I was working in no time with the Global Upvote Tab Extension.
- If you want to dive into the design side of this project, check out the twin story: Desinging a Newspaper As a Freakin’ Progressive Web App!
A in-depth look of the coding process for The Global Upvote: Top voted stories across the web, summarized and updated every sixty seconds.
Continue reading “Coding a Newspaper As a Freakin’ Progressive Web App”
- You get code and data splitting out-of-the-box.
- Code and data for other pages get preloaded so clicking around the site feels incredibly fast.
Continue reading “Building a static website from scratch? Go @gatsbyjs. Most impressive framework I’ve seen. Powered by @reactjs.”