- Come learn how to make your React apps lightning fast!
- Also, profiling and debugging performance issues can seem like an overwhelming topic to learn.
- In this session, we’ll cover the usual suspects of performance issues, from the basics of using the correct build, to the fundamentals of immutable data, to higher-level tools like Perf, shouldComponentUpdate, PureComponent, and memoizing computed props in Redux.
- We will both cover the concepts and walk through examples step-by-step so that by the end of this session you will feel like a React Speed Racer.
- You’ll get the most out of this session if you’re at least comfortable with React and ES6 syntax.
App loading and run-time affect your bottom line. Fancy features aren’t worth anything if users leave the app out of frustration. Every second counts! React is super fast, but you could be shooting yourself in the foot with design decisions. Come learn how to make your React apps lightning fast!
Continue reading “Lightning Fast React Apps // Speaker Deck”
- Using Native Driver for AnimationsWhen working with animations in React Native, it is easy to run into performance issues, especially if your app involves complex animations.The Animated API was designed with a very important constraint in mind: it is serialisable.
- This means we can send everything about the animation to the native layer before it has even started and allows native code to perform the animation on the UI thread without having to go through the bridge on every frame.Now we areÂ talking!It is very useful because once the animation has started, the JS thread can be blocked and the animation will still run smoothly.When creating an Animation in React Native, you could create an Animated.Value and change this value to update some transforms in your UI components.
- If it is blocked, the animation will skip frames.
Jasbir singh has been working on creating smooth animation effects that are hooked up to scroll events in React Native. Here is a brief explanation from Jasbir on it. This article shares some of the…
Continue reading “Butter Smooth Scrolling Animations in React Native – NativeBase.io Blog”
If you have started using ReactJS recently often you might have felt that you are performing repeated logic in many components. For example consider an app having:
Continue reading “Using Higher Order Components in a React Application”
- Another common question regarding ReactJS is whether it is necessary to learn Flux to learn ReactJS .
- Unlike AngularJS , ReactJS is not a framework, it’s a library.
- The prospect is that a lot of companies will still use AngularJS for quite a while.
- It is entirely possible to write an application in ReactJS without the use of Flux and Redux .
- The Facebook team with ReactJS solved these problems through the Virtual DOM – object that maps the whole tree of the DOM .
AngularJS is one of the most famous framework out there, gaining a lot of momentum lately. Some reasons for its popularity are: community engagement, open-source, the interest of the google team, etc…
Continue reading “Differences between AngularJS, VueJS and ReactJS – hello JS”