- You load the page, then you load the data, then you render your chart.
- You can see my server-side code that reads a CSV file and renders the chart into a string on Github.
- Adjusting to server-side rendering required a small mind shift in the way I built my chart.
- Until data loads, the app renders a ; after that, it returns a chart component.
- With the approach, you’re loading the fully rendered chart, replacing it with an empty component, then re-rendering it once data loads on the client.
Over the years I’ve helped over 10,000 engineers hone their craft. Engineers have used my books, articles, and talks to improve their technical skills, get promotions, change jobs, and ship their products faster.
Continue reading “Server-side rendering a D3 chart with React 16”
- Announcing Meteor 1.4.4Node.js and npm updates, Cordova Google Sign-In, and hybrid minificationToday we’re excited to announce Meteor 1.4.4, a routine incremental release to update core dependencies, fix bugs, improve stability, and address a critical Google authentication change for Cordova apps.
- meteor directory is committed to your version-control system (e.g. Git, Subversion, etc.) so it’s easy to roll-back if you ever encounter problems during any upgrade.Node.js, npm, and node-gypAs usual with new Meteor releases, underlying dependencies of the framework have been updated to their latest versions in Meteor 1.4.4, with Node.js at 4.8.1 and npm at 4.4.4.
- See the Node.js 4.8.1 release notes for the full details, including numerous bug fixes and performance benefits.Critical Cordova updates for Google OAuthMeteor developers with mobile apps based on Cordova, who let their users authenticate with Google OAuth (via the accounts-google, google, or google-oauth packages): please pay close attention to this section!Google announced in August 2016 that they would be blocking OAuth logins from embedded web-views (such as the WebView UI element on Android and UIWebView/WKWebView on iOS), and started displaying the following message on the iOS and Android consent pages late last year:Notice for developers: authorization requests in embedded browsers will be blocked on April 20, 2017.
- Thank you, Seth!New export-from syntaxSpeaking of bleeding-edge ECMAScript features, Meteor 1.4.4 introduces support for two new kinds of export … from “.
- To try the new features of Meteor 1.5, run meteor update –release 1.5-beta.14 in any application directory, though please make sure your .
Today we’re excited to announce Meteor 1.4.4, a routine incremental release to update core dependencies, fix bugs, improve stability, and address a critical Google authentication change for Cordova…
Continue reading “Announcing Meteor 1.4.4 – Meteor Blog”