- Here’s a short list of what we’ve added recently, upcoming course highlights, and our weekly video update of What’s New at Treehouse.
- React Native is a great option for creating performant iOS and Android applications that feel at home on their respective platforms, all while building on any previous web development experience.
- In this course we will be building the ultimate superhero app.
- By the end of this course you should have the confidence to build upon the app that we started and take it to the next level.
- Saving data on your device is a fundamental part of building apps and in this course we’re going to learn how to use the Core Data framework to persist data between launches by building a simple to-do list app.
Every week, new courses and workshops are published to the growing Treehouse Library! Here’s a short list of what we’ve added recently, upcoming course highlights, and our weekly video update of What’s New at Treehouse.
Continue reading “New & Upcoming Course Highlights: Introduction to Core Data & React Native”
- This allows the UI (which is a huge cost in any build) to be re-useable — a huge business benefit when building cloud software.We had been using Backbone as our main UI framework and had found that too much logic hid itself inside our models.
- There was no clear delineation between where the model ended and the logic began.Beautiful design can be implemented in any framework (or without one at all!)
- This is due to the main logic being removed from the grid itself and only the common state changes, such as a loading state, remaining triggered by the main logic.In 2015 we were starting a few new projects from scratch, so we decided to use React as the framework for the UI.
- The solution was to build these common components to be re-usable from the ground up — so they could be dropped into any app seamlessly.One component we’ve used multiple times is a card dashboard (shown above) — where we separate bite-size information chunks into cards that can then expand into a larger picture.
- React has been an ideal framework for developing these cards as separate modules that have no dependencies on other cards or the underlying dashboard layout.Another useful outcome of React is that our designer is able to communicate in components as building blocks.
Continue reading “Embracing React – EndGame Blog”