- Using Bit, you can isolate these sets of files (we call code components) from your project and share them with the open source community, while keeping their source project private and intact.
- js – │ └── index.js – └── utils – └── noop.jsBefore Bit, we would have to create a new GitHub project for this component, remove hello-world from your private project and make all its dependancies (packages as well as other files from the project) available for the new project.
- With Bit, you can keep this component as part of your private project and still make it available to the community to discover, use and collaborate on.
- Open source parts of your project to the communityTo make sure your components are truly executable outside of the project’s context, Bit will build an isolated component environment and apply all configured extensions to test, compile or perform any other defined task.
- You can also use bit import to bring the component’s source code into other projects, develop them and merge changes between different projects.
How to make parts of your private projects open source and make their components available to the community without having to split your repositories or create new projects on GitHub. Learn more.
Continue reading “How To Open Source Parts Of Your Private Project With Bit”