- Here are a few points brought up by people on either side regarding the two candidates:
Has a (relatively speaking) higher learning curve, which might prove to be a barrier especially to new JS developers or WordPress developers adopting JS
Licensing issues (particularly this one)
Some WordPress contributors worry about so tightly linking WordPress to React, and by extension Facebook, a company whose ideology does not quite align with that of WordPress.
- I used a package for React to handle my CSS transitions because they are difficult to implement when working with a virtual dom.
- In one quick google you can find any package for React written as a component.
- Inferno had no solution for CSS transitions.
- While I understand that both of these frameworks are still very much under construction, the stability that React provides my applications is too good to give up.
- With both Inferno and Preact, there was no solution for my custom CSS transitions – the infrastructure just wasn’t there .
Last month, I converted my personal website to React after gaining a lot of experience with it in the workplace. I used my website as a guinea pig to stretch React to the limits and see what I could…
Continue reading “I’m Sticking With React (For Now) – Hacker Noon”
- You have the limited developers team with their skills and limited time for work.
- People around want us to use the newest technologies available to us, right after they have been created.
- We leave off working on our projects not written with React / ES6 / Webpack (or name another new technology) just because it’s not cool that they were written not with it.
- New technology is not always a good thing.
- I don’t mean that we don’t have to move on and bring new technologies into the development of our products.
“If you are a front-end developer and you still don’t use React in your projects, you might be a bad front-end developer. You don’t use ES6 either, do you? Too bad for you then. Maybe Webpack? No…
Continue reading “You Might Not Need React – Hacker Noon”
- You will learn how to create a full functional app, a polling app, from start to finish.
- With Meteor.js you can build sophisticated real-time web apps faster than you can imagine.
- Anyone wanting to learn how to build web apps
- With the course you will learn all that you need to start creating your own cutting-edge web apps with Meteor and React.
- Meteor is a new framework that makes building web apps easier, simpler, and faster.
Continue reading “Create Web Apps with Meteor & React”