- I am a proficient iOS/Swift developer and I am keen to develop an app on the Android platform.
- I am also a realist and I know that the time available to me is limited.
- Q : Will my time be better spent learning React-Native – or – Android Java/Kotlin?
I’m a proficient iOS / Swift developer and I want to have a go at developing on the Android platform. How should I do that?
Continue reading “Android or React Native?”
- So, what advantages and disadvantages of React Native app development can we distinguish?
- Many mobile IT companies consider the ability to develop cross-platform apps as the main advantage of React Native.
- Therefore, when building an app with React Native framework, developers operate with blocks that can be easily managed.
- Moreover, as its library only grows with each coming year, it becomes more and more beneficial and easy to use React Native in your mobile development.
- One of React Native’s main advantages is the possibility to reuse code and build mobile apps for both Android and iOS platforms at the same time.
React Native is only two years old but it has already proved its usefulness. Lolita Rogers weighs in on the advantages and disadvantages.
Continue reading “React Native: A new competitor to native development?”
- When we first heard about React Native, a framework that enables building an app for multiple platforms, we were thrilled.
- One team, one codebase and the potential to scale an app for iOS and Android using a fracture of resources required in native development is a great promise.
- A few years ago, Facebook officially announced React Native, a powerful framework with the promise of cross-platform compatibility.
- The major selling point of React Native is shorter development time.
- Facebook puts a lot of resources to ensure React Native’s reliability and also to guarantee a constant development of the platform.
React Native: One team, one codebase and potential to scale an app for iOS and Android using a fracture of resources required in native development is a great promise.
Continue reading “#ReactNative – Pros and Cons #100DaysOfCode #coding #react #reactjs @reactnewsletter @ReactJSNews”
- Using your own SDK and other specific tools to create applications for native platforms provides more productiveness of the development team.
- The main, and perhaps the only significant drawback of native development is its higher cost in comparison with cross-platform, which is especially felt while creating fairly simple applications in terms of functionality.
- In order to create a cross-platform application with React Native, the developer does not need any specific knowledge of programming for Android or iOS.
- The next updates of the application created by React Native in the App Store are bypassed by its main policy (meaning the standard waiting time is 2 weeks, which is necessary to approve the access rights to the application for this Internet platform visitors).
- Cross-platform development with React Native will be most suitable for creating simple applications from the point of functionality, such as news portals, weather forecasting applications, etc.
How to make the right choice between native app development vs React Native cross-platform development. Is React Native native after all?
Continue reading “A Hard Choice to Make: React Native vs Native”
- Even though native development takes longer, there are many reasons why we can produce better experience on mobile than on web.
- React Native apps can access platform features like the phone camera, or the user’s location.
- With all the advantages of native development, what we really want is user experience of native mobile apps combined with developer experience we have when building on the web.
- Scripting Native App with React Native
Continue reading “Scripting Native App with React Native – Supreet Totagi – Medium”
- The proliferation of native applications has returned us to a world similar to pre-web times.
- The threat is particularly pertinent when building native mobile applications.
- “Designing, building and managing native applications across multiple devices is extremely slow and expensive.”
- Facebook is building more and more of its own native applications in React Native.
- In a world where consumer demand changes as fast as the direction of the wind, building native applications for proprietary platforms is now too expensive and too slow to deliver a great customer experience.
SoDA serves as a network and voice for entrepreneurs and innovators around the globe who are creating the future of marketing and digital experiences.
Continue reading “Mobile Metamorphosis”
- We have support for web applications and creating and packaging Cordova applications, both of these enable any web framework to be used in creating great application experiences on the Ubuntu platform.
- React Native is the sister to React.js, you can use the same style and code to create an application that works directly with native components with native levels of performance, but with the ease of and rapid development you would expect.
- To get started, follow the instructions in README-ubuntu.md and create your first application.
- We want to make everyone’s life easier, enable the use of tools that are familiar to web developers and provide an easy path to using them on the Ubuntu platform.
Here is a post Canonical team that saying that react-native apps now can be run on Ubuntu. That’s a big step in the developing more bridges…
Continue reading “React-Native apps now can be run on Ubuntu”