- At its core, a Progressive Web App (PWA) is simply a web application that uses modern web techniques to deliver a native app-like experience to users.
- These are web applications with progressive enhancement to implement features like caching, background sync, and push notifications.Even though PWAs have been around for more than two years now, the response is quite underwhelming.
- The best part about PWAs — you get the best user experience possible in slow connectivity as well as no connectivity (yep , you read it right.
- The cost can get much higher if you plan to develop and maintain separate code bases for different platforms like Android, iOS and the web.Native App features that PWAs can usePush notificationsFull ScreenOffline workingSplash screen is supported giving it a more app like feelPWAs can make use of many more such…
- However, there are some traditional features that only native apps enjoy as of now.Native App features that PWAs can’t use as of nowNo or highly restrictive access to different hardware sensorsAlarmsPhonebook AccessModfiying System SettingsPWAs are evolving quite fast and we can hope to see these features come to action pretty soon.Two…
Lately, there’s been a lot of buzz around PWAs with many claiming it to be future of web development, especially in terms of mobile devices. At its core, a Progressive Web App (PWA) is simply a web…
Continue reading “Why Progressive Web Apps Are The Future Of Web Development”
- So, with hybrid frameworks such as PhoneGap and React Native, developers are now finding it easier to create mobile applications that run anywhere irrespective of the device and platform.
- A hybrid app development framework, PhoneGap / Apache Cordova can be easily extended through native plugins, thus allowing developers to add more functionality to the mobile application and enables to have access to the device’s camera, contacts, location, and much more.
- With a hybrid framework, developers can create a single version of the mobile application and get it across multiple platforms within small time-frame and at a lesser cost.
- Since hybrid mobile applications save data offline (through device API), the loading time is less compared to native and mobile web applications.
The increasing dependency on SmartPhones has enabled businesses to offer services through custom mobile applications and due to which the demand for mobile application developers
Continue reading “Development Frameworks, PhoneGap and React Native make Mobile Application Development Easier”
- To make this happen in reality, the communities of expert developers out there have changed the ruled of the app development by creating super-fast frameworks like React Native and PhoneGap.
- Most mobile app development companies of today are working on improving their React Native and PhoneGap app development skills so as to gratify the business requirements of every company, entrepreneur, startup and enterprise across the worlds.
- Related Article: The 7 Best Hybrid App Development Frameworks for 2017 – – In sum, those not from the tech world may only believe native Android and iOS apps to be the only solutions to delivering an engaging and feature-rich app experience to the users.
Now develop your mobile apps the cross-platform way where they look and feel like native with React Native and PhoneGap. React Native is Facebook’s backed UI component library making app development easier than ever before.
Continue reading “React native or phonegap- build apps the easy way”
- Hereâs a list of fun apps toÂ build!You can only become a great developer by putting the effort in.
- Keep it conflict free, use whatever you want!Project #1: TrelloÂ CloneTrello clone by Indrek LasnâââDemoÂ LinkWhat you will learn from building a trello clone:RoutingDrag and dropCreating new objects (boards, lists, cards)Handling inputs and validationClient side path: How to use local storage, saving data to the local storage, reading data from the local…
- What you will learn:Creating users, managing users,Interacting with a databaseâââcreating, reading, editing, deleting users.Input validation and how to work with formsProject #3: Cryptocurrency tracker (native mobileÂ app)Github repositoryHAS to be a native appâââSwift, Objective-C, React Native, Java, Kotlin allowed.
- đWhat you will learn:How native apps work.Fetching data from an API.How native layouts work.How to work with mobile simulators.Use this API.
- Post in comments if you find a better one.In case youâre interested in how this was built, I wrote a tutorial for it.Project #4: Setup your very own webpack config fromÂ scratchWell, technically this is not an app but itâs still extremely useful to understand how webpack works under the hood….
You can only become a great developer by putting the effort in. Imagine for a moment — You can’t become fit physically by reading a lot about fitness. You actually need to go to the gym and put the…
Continue reading “The secret to being a top developer is building things! Here’s a list of fun apps to build!”
- Whether itâs web or native, it doesnât matter.
- Whatâs Redux again?Where do you even begin?If youâre like most, you start at a random spot that piques your interest.
- Then you read a bunch of random blogs and Stack Overflow answers and Readme files on GitHub and voilĂĄ, 10 years later, youâre a pro.đ
- It’s been tough for developers to create native apps in different OS platforms.
- Moreover, developing the native apps for different platforms requires skill sets and experience pertinent to the OS platform.
- As a result, React Native is making progress by providing Real Native experience for different OS platforms.
- The most useful features of React Native are the capability to write source code only in React Native, and the ability to compile it on various OS platforms.
Continue reading “Building Native Mobile Apps with React Native”