- The top two hybrid and native program creation frameworks are Ionic React Native respectively.
- Among the greatest advantages of the React Native, Ionic, and other similar frameworks (for example, Xamarin) is the availability of such useful capacities as: – – – – The ability to make a developer’s working routine significantly more convenient.
- However, one of the most recent innovations and advantages of the Ionic framework was the development of the so-called Ionic Native – a set of Cordova plugin TypeScript wrappers that smoothes the functioning of native elements and makes them launch change detection in Angular.
- Unlike the Ionic framework, React Native lets you build a mobile application with the standard UI blocks.
In this article, we provide you with a quick overview of the React Native comparison with Ionic. Find here our personal verdict as for which platform to choose. Just keep in mind, that both platforms have numerous advantages to please you.
Continue reading “Ionic vs React Native: Which One is Better?”
- React Native looks a lot like React: roughly the same syntax, classes, JSX, state, props… but React Native is a framework, which means you have more features than just rendering in React Native.
- You use classes, ES6, states and the like, with a few notable differences: – – Not much to say here except that Redux, the React developers’ favourite state management library, also works with React Native with absolutely no difference in the way you’ll dev.
- Here’s an example of a small Menu component: – – This article is not about HOCs; just know they allow a greater flexibility around the way you compose your components and you can use them in React Native.
- With React Native you can compose your styles and properties, combine them and then have them applied onto your component.
Continue reading “Why’s React Native so promising?”
- Cosmic JS is an API-first cloud-based content platform that makes it not only easy to add dynamic content to any existing or new website, but makes it possible to seamlessly deliver content across devices and platforms.
- This comes with everything you need to get started with a basic website as well as the codebase for the native applications running React Native for iOS and Android.
- React Native is a very powerful way to build applications for both iOS and Android.
- To install and run the iOS React Native application run the following commands: – – Run the following commands to run the Android application (make sure you have your Android device emulator open): – – – – Looking at index.ios.js and index.android.js you will notice that the root of our…
- Now when you edit content in your Cosmic JS bucket, you will see that the content automatically updates across Web, iOS and Android applications.
Cosmic JS is a cloud-hosted content platform that offers a flexible and intuitive CMS API. Build websites and applications with more freedom and manage content easier. Get started for Free.
Continue reading “Cosmic JS Blog Stay tuned for feature roll-outs, news and updates as we continue to help you manage content for your websites and applications faster and easier.”
- It’s been tough for developers to create native apps in different OS platforms.
- Moreover, developing the native apps for different platforms requires skill sets and experience pertinent to the OS platform.
- As a result, React Native is making progress by providing Real Native experience for different OS platforms.
- The most useful features of React Native are the capability to write source code only in React Native, and the ability to compile it on various OS platforms.
Continue reading “Building Native Mobile Apps with React Native”
- Using your own SDK and other specific tools to create applications for native platforms provides more productiveness of the development team.
- The main, and perhaps the only significant drawback of native development is its higher cost in comparison with cross-platform, which is especially felt while creating fairly simple applications in terms of functionality.
- In order to create a cross-platform application with React Native, the developer does not need any specific knowledge of programming for Android or iOS.
- The next updates of the application created by React Native in the App Store are bypassed by its main policy (meaning the standard waiting time is 2 weeks, which is necessary to approve the access rights to the application for this Internet platform visitors).
- Cross-platform development with React Native will be most suitable for creating simple applications from the point of functionality, such as news portals, weather forecasting applications, etc.
How to make the right choice between native app development vs React Native cross-platform development. Is React Native native after all?
Continue reading “A Hard Choice to Make: React Native vs Native”
- Reactive Core architecture for React Native and React applicationsWhen it comes to develop an application that needs a mobile app and a web app, there is always a struggle in the matter of what is the right approach to take.
- Nevertheless, even though these frameworks solve code reuse between mobile platforms the problem to reuse functionality with a web application remains.This article proposes an architecture “Reactive Core Architecture” that allows to have just one code base for the logic and keep the native UI and the web UI separated, maximizing code reuse and maintaining consistency across platforms.Some of the advantages are consistency, code maintainability, testing gets easier and performance is high.
- Code reuse is done via this module.The mobile app: Implemented as a standard React Native application, using containers and components.The web application: Implemented as a standard React application, using containers and components.Each module will live in its own repository, with the core as a git submodule in both applications.Let’s take a look to the architecture diagram:Consists on a basic Redux structure, meaning you have a folder for the actions and a folder for the reducers.root├── actions└── reducersThis is the most important module to make the Reactive Core Architecture possible.
- Since each reducer handles an specific part of the application state, it makes easier for the core module to scale for larger and more complex applications.The mobile app and the web app.Both the React Native app and the React app, use components and containers concepts.
When it comes to develop an application that needs a mobile app and a web app, there is always a struggle in the matter of what is the right approach to take. You can build a web app and a native…
Continue reading “Reactive Core architecture for React Native and React applications – KuraLabs Engineering”
- Overall, React Native has over 40K stars on GitHub and over 9K forks .
- With React Native, you aren’t building true native mobile apps; you’re building apps for all platforms.
- The technology is still pretty new, but there are some excellent React Native apps right now .
- As you probably guessed from the name itself, React Native lets you build native applications.
- According to stateofjs.com , 78% of developers are interested in learning about the new kid on the block: React Native.
What makes React Native so special? More and more web developers are getting into the app-building ecosystem using React Native.
Continue reading “Five reasons why web developers love React Native”