- This article will focus on clean code practices as they apply to modern React software development.
- Many React developers rely on Jest for a zero-configuration test runner and to produce code coverage reports.
- And don’t discount the “rewrite factor” and time spent fixing comments from code reviews.
- The advantage of letting React set your prop defaults, however, is that it produces more efficient code, defaults props in a based lifecycle component, as well as allows your default values to be checked against .
- For example, the following component is ripe for converting to an SFC. – – The clean version clears a lot of the screen clutter of the dirty version.
Clean code is a consistent style of programming that makes your code easier to write, read, and maintain. Discover how to make your React code cleaner using easy-to-follow examples.
Continue reading “Clean Code vs. Dirty Code: React Best Practices”