- Virtual DOM will never be the fastest on the server – you just can’t beat strings.
- Soon after, it was suggested that Preact be added to the benchmark and sobear (the original benchmark author) added it and continued to work on making the benchmark more fair and meaningful.
- Vue was added to the benchmark and it was pointed out that the benchmark was not running in production mode (using process.env.NODE_ENV = ‘production’ ) and that could skew results.
- Never miss a story from Hacker Noon , when you sign up for Medium.
- When compiled for the browser, rendering builds a virtual DOM tree that can be diffed directly with the browser’s DOM (powered by morphdom )- similar to the approaches in these other libraries.
Last week Alibaba announced a React-like library called Rax. Rax is a more lightweight implementation of the React renderer and it’s “universal”. It can run in Node.js, in the browser, and on top of…
Continue reading “Server-side Rendering Shootout with Marko, Preact, Rax, React and Vue”