- This time we came up with an experiment to build simple mobile application that allow user to live stream their mobile camera using OpenTok and React Native.
- OpenTok is video platform tool from TokBox community to easily integrate high-quality video,audio streaming with your web or mobile apps.
- Once you ready with your OpenTok account registration process, you can create a new project for your react native mobile app.
- Subscriber component is allow user to join with specified live stream using Session id and Subscriber token like below, – – So the result, we ended up with simple cross-platform mobile app that perform live streaming.
Challenges with React native app development is growing day by day. We are always ready to accept those challenges and make our development process enjoyable.
Continue reading “Build a simple video streaming app with OpenTok & React Native –”
- Wouldn’t it be great if you could use your web development knowledge, combined with your React knowledge, to build mobile apps with that?
- I’ll teach you all you need to create your own React Native apps, publish them to the Google Play Store and Apple App Store and dive really deep into the React Native ecosystem.
- You’ll learn all about the theory behind React Native, its core concepts, how to build responsive designs that work on different device sizes, how to animate React Native apps, how to navigate around, use maps and the camera and so much more – – And which better way to learn…
- We’ll build the ‘Awesome Places’ app in this course, an app where users can share amazing pictures and the location where they took them.
This React native tutorial is the practical guide to help you to build your own native iOS and android apps from scratch. Enroll to boost your react knowledge
Continue reading “Build Native Mobile Apps in this React Native Tutorial”
- So, what advantages and disadvantages of React Native app development can we distinguish?
- Many mobile IT companies consider the ability to develop cross-platform apps as the main advantage of React Native.
- Therefore, when building an app with React Native framework, developers operate with blocks that can be easily managed.
- Moreover, as its library only grows with each coming year, it becomes more and more beneficial and easy to use React Native in your mobile development.
- One of React Native’s main advantages is the possibility to reuse code and build mobile apps for both Android and iOS platforms at the same time.
React Native is only two years old but it has already proved its usefulness. Lolita Rogers weighs in on the advantages and disadvantages.
Continue reading “React Native: A new competitor to native development?”
- What if I told you that accepting payments in mobile apps could be easy and that you could use a single API to accept payments across three different platforms?
- In this talk, we’ll learn about the Payment Request API, a new W3C standard that dramatically simplifies accepting payments on the web, and how we can use React Native Payments to leverage it in our mobile apps.
What if I told you that accepting payments in mobile apps could be easy and that you could use a single API to accept payments across three different platforms? In this talk, we’ll learn about the Payment Request API, a new W3C standard that dramatically simplifies accepting payments on the web, and how we can use React Native Payments to leverage it in our mobile apps.
Continue reading “React Native Payments: Bringing the Payment Request API to React Native // Speaker Deck”
- With React and React Native, your web app can share most its logic with your iOS and Android apps, but the view layer needs to be implemented separately for each platform.
- We have taken this a step further and developed a thin cross-platform layer we call ReactXP.
- If you write your app to this abstraction, you can share your view definitions, styles and animations across multiple target platforms.
- In general, it exposes APIs, components, props, styles and animation parameters that are implemented in a consistent way across React JS (HTML) and React Native for iOS and Android.
- A few platform-specific props and style attributes have been exposed, but we have tried to keep these to a minimum.
The authors of React use the phrase “learn once, write anywhere”. With React and React
Native, your web app can share most its logic with your iOS and Android apps, but the view
layer needs to be implemented separately for each platform. We have taken this a step further
and developed a thin cross-platform layer we call ReactXP. If you write your app to this
abstraction, you can share your view definitions, styles and animations across multiple target
platforms. Of course, you can still provide platform-specific UI variants, but this can be done
selectively where desired.
Continue reading “A library for building cross-platform apps”
- In this article, we are going to make a comparison of two frameworks, React Native and Ionic, based on our real time experience in frontend development.When developing various products, either for ourselves or for the clients, there has always been a question that interested us: how can we narrow down time and cost of product development.Android and especially iOS developers have always been valued greatly and cost a lot, and when developing for two platforms one has to spend twice as much money.At some point we were experimenting with Cordova, but it didn’t feel as if we can get something valuable out of it.Then we noticed Ionic.
- Now we would like to give you detailed frameworks comparison and explain you why React Native is better solution for our developers.We were always trying to get more expertise on different technologies and use them in practice in order to define the best solution.
- We also kept on watching Ioinc2, which was supposed to become an innovation that would solve many issues that we had while working with Ionic1.The approaches of given frameworks are very different but for us React Native is an ultimate winner.We chose main React Native advantages that are superior in relation to Ionic1/2:Response time that could be compared to native apps.Ability to reuse the code parts (not all code) for desktop (web apps) and mobile (mobile apps) and even for the server.
- (:-))Incredibly convenient toolchain for developers that allows to quickly develop and debug the app.Big amount of elaborated components from Facebook.Even bigger amount of components from community.Ability to realize the ideas of functional programming in development which ensures great stability and reliability of the app and relative scaling simplicity.However, we don’t make a point here that React Native is 100% perfect.
When you start to use new technology, you cannot be sure it will be the best solution. In this article, we are going to make a comparison of two frameworks, React Native and Ionic, based on our real t
Continue reading “Building an app: React Native vs Ionic – Hacker Noon”
- That is why React JS is steadily gaining popularity among the developers of the web and mobile apps.
- If you are a developer who is concerned with single page applications and want to come up with fast, user-friendly, and responsive apps, React JS is definitely a worthy choice.
- Considering the advantages offered by this technology, there is no reason why React JS won’t be welcomed by developers in pursuit of creating advanced web and mobile apps.
So what makes React JS a preferred technology to develop kickass web and mobile apps? We list down 8 top reasons in support of it. 1. Easy to learn and master. 2. Simple to write components
Continue reading “8 Reasons Why React.JS is the Best Technology to Develop Kickass Web and Mobile Apps”