- We at Atlassian have recently released react-beautiful-dnd which makes drag and drop for lists on the web more beautiful, natural and accessible.PhysicalityThe core design idea of react-beautiful-dnd is physicality: we want users to feel like they are moving physical objects around.
- Itâs drag and drop mechanism is fairly standard and serves as a good reference point.Movementinstant movement isÂ standardWhen dragging items around, other items disappear and reappear as needed.
- At no point is an item instantly moved anywhereâââregardless of whether it is dragging or not.Knowing when toÂ moveIt is quite common for drag and drop interactions to be based on the position that user started the drag fromimpact based on selection pointIn this example the user is grabbing the top…
- Put another way: once the centre position of an item (A) goes over the edge of another item (B), B moves out of the way.AccessibleTraditionally drag and drop interactions have been exclusively a mouse or touch interaction.
- We add a tab-index to draggable items to ensure that even you are not wrapping something that is usually interactive (such as a div) then the user will still be able to access it with their keyboard to drag it.Not forÂ everyoneThere are a lot of libraries out there that allow…
We have recently released react-beautiful-dnd which makes drag and drop for lists on the web more beautiful, natural and accessible
Continue reading “Rethinking drag and drop – Alex Reardon – Medium”
- Let’s add one more test on handling submit.
- Our test code encourages to do everything through Page object.
- Page object wrapper gives you nice API to interact with your component, so test code will be more expressive and neat.
- I also work a lot on developer infrastructure, especially in terms of testing.
- We don’t test the whole web page, only one component, but we can think that our component is actually a little page, that we are going to interact with.
Today I will tell you a little trick how to make your test code a bit fancier and easier to maintain. The PageObject pattern is quite…
Continue reading “Page object for testing React.js components – Medium”
- The framework offers structure so you can build custom HTML elements using browser-based technologies like Web Components, so the developer could use different name schemes.
- It may be worth for you to give a try on the framework, but with some caution so every component works on different browsers.
- Looking on the bright side, the framework has a nice active community of developers, so you won’t be that lost in the process of adapting your project.
- Also known and called as a game engine, Babylon.js is an open source framework that’s been on the market since 2013.
Read the full article, click here.