- Pros and cons of vue js
- A developer might not know how to use it but he should have heard about Vue js, because the framework became popular in past few years the number of use the words “Vue js” and “Vue.js” in Google trend in 2016 was more than in four times higher comparing to 2015.
- Advantages of vue js:
Having borrowed from older frameworks, such as Angular and React only the best, Vue.js stands the perfect balance between readability, maintainability of code and the pleasure of it, this code, writing.
- From React Vue.js took a component approach, props, one-way data flow for the component hierarchy, performance, the ability to render on the backend and understanding the importance of proper state management.
- This makes it easy to add the Vue library to the project, like jQuery.All this is possible in the React library, but generally the code written on React relies more on JSX and on the features of ES.
Both React.js and Vue.js have benefits and disadvantages, that may confuse a potential client at first. We’re going to make their comparison in this article.
Continue reading “Reactjs vs Vuejs – What to Choose?
#Vuejs #Reactjs #js”
- Another great way to learn more about the components and APIs included with React Native is to read their source.
- The React Native documentation only discusses the components, APIs and topics specific to React Native (React on iOS and Android).
- For further documentation on the React API that is shared between React Native and React DOM, refer to the React documentation.
- If you encounter a bug with React Native we would like to hear about it.
- For help and questions with using React Native please make use of the resources listed in the Getting Help section.
react-native – A framework for building native apps with React.
Continue reading “Congratulations on 🌟50,000🌟 stars, @reactnative! Here’s to the next 50,000 🥂”
- React Native PitfallsThere are a lot of collections of anti-patterns for React and different app’s state managers like Redux and MobX (e.g. react-bits), but I haven’t seen a lot of advises for React Native developers.
- Your apps are native and that’s awesome, but Android and iOS are different platforms, with different guidelines and components.
- So develop and test both versions in parallel.Test on a device from the day oneEmulators are nice, but use devices, especially on Android because of variety of screen sizes, OS versions is use, etc.It won’t be iOS/Android only storySometimes people pick React Native for developing an app only for one platform (yep, seriously).
There are a lot of collections of anti-patterns for React and different app’s state managers like Redux and MobX (e.g. react-bits), but I haven’t seen a lot of advises for React Native developers. In…
Continue reading “React Native Pitfalls – Anton Kulyk – Medium”
- On top of that, CIJ tangles and confuses the many aspects of frontend development, thus contradicting the KISS principle and the UNIX design principle of making single purpose tools (programs).
- Even more: despite the fact that CIJ is only a subset/superset of CSS, CIJ advocates like Mark Dalgleish tell us that the approach will solve problems across platforms, not only in web.
- When Glen tells us that the critical CSS issue is magically solved by CIJ, I start thinking that this specific problem is only a small piece of the huge puzzle called web performance.
- Of course, CIJ could be a substitution for CSS on non-web platforms, but it underlines mainly the problem of these specific systems.
Disclaimer: This article is very opinionated. Please use whatever you want. I highly advise you to employ different techniques for different applications, so you can compare them on real use cases…
Continue reading “No KISS for CSS-in-JS – Ivn Cote – Medium”
- So today we are announcing our first open source project for React Native at Hudl.React Native Android Fragment: Native Android Fragment does exactly what its name implies.
- It helps to facilitate the development of a React Native application, for a pre-existing Android application that relies on the framework’s Fragment class.
- It can be downloaded via jitpack and its versioning will attempt to always follow that of React Native’s major.minor versions.Our Android app originated around 2013 when Fragments were the Android standard and we’ve stuck with them ever since.
- For anyone else that has tried to use React Native, you may also realize that support for Fragments is non-existent.
- We hope this library, although small, may help others to get started quickly into the React Native ecosystem.
React Native Android Fragment does exactly what it’s name implies. It helps to facilitate the development of a React Native application, for a pre-existing Android application that relies on the frame
Continue reading “Introducing React Native Android Fragment – In The Hudl – Medium”
- This story is my experience and experiments to achieve high performance animation in React Native.Along the way I learned tons from these blogs and recommend you read them as you dive deeper into building your own animations in React Native:React Native Animations Using Animated API from Nader DabitReact Native ART and D3 from Harry WolffBefore we continue, I would like to define what “high performance animation” in terms of my project.
- Note: There is another OpenGL binding for React Native which enables a more flexible OpenGL implementation without the interface.Animation in React NativeIn my exploration I tested three major methods (with some variations) for doing shape animation with React Native.
- The gaps between each country will also get scaled so the transformed shapes are not the same as the new shapes.Zoom animation with fade in/outThis method has a significant impact on the memory footprint since there are two views with a shadow node per shape.Animated + Hybrid Native Driver + Animated Shape (ART)For this approach I still used the Native Driver while I found there is a trick to communicate between the JS thread and UI thread using setNativeProps.
- I first tried with React Native ART and switched to React Native SVG while both give similar results.Animated + Hybrid Native Driver + Animated Shape (OpenGL)After realizing the bottleneck comes from re-drawing shapes, I switched to another library which has the drawing logic implemented in OpenGL.
Archiving decent animation performance is quite tricky. This story is my experience and experiments to achieve high performance animation in React Native.
Continue reading “Experiments with High Performance Animation in React Native”
- The React Native CLI lets you start a new native app project that will work on both iOS and Android.
- One of my favorite features of React Native app development is live reload.
- React Native builds upon React’s philosophy of “Learn once, write anywhere,” making it easy for React web developers to build native apps.
- Composable unified UI codebases, instant app updates, and better development tooling make React Native the better way to make native apps.
- And if you want to check out a great example of a React Native app for data visualization, Victory UI Explorer by Angela Nicholas is one of my favorite Formidable projects.
Composable unified UI codebases, instant app updates, and better development tooling make React Native the better way to make native apps.
Continue reading “Why React Native is the Best Choice for Making Native Apps”