- After Apollo takes care of fetching and mapping props to query parameters, query component uses âfunction-as-a-childâ approach to expose a child-independent API with injected data.Comparing to the standard approach were you add a graphql wrapper to your higher-order components, query components have a set of advantages:Testability.
- Query Components abstracts out your data management layer so you can focus on business logic and change underlying implementation if needed.Once a Query Component is defined, it can be used as an any other component in your application:A nice side effect of decoupling higher-order components into Query Components is minimizing…
- If the data management layer grows, it wonât affect presenter components unless they have to reflect new data properties.Mutations with Query ComponentsMutations are not that straightforward as queries.
- For example:Therefore, you can use this component in a similar way:So the concept is the same: Query Component receives a bunch of props that are later on used as parameters for the mutation query.Testing Query Components like a ProÂ đHow to test Query Components?When it comes to testing, Apollo-based components have…
- In other words, we check if given data.x complies to the shape of the mock that was passed to the fake client during initialization.And the last, but not least: query component should call a children function with the data, pulled from Apollo.
A couple of months ago, we started to use Apollo Client (+React Native) at Werkspot. From the very beginning, Apollo overwhelmed us by the simplicity and flexibility it provides. It inspired us to…
Continue reading “Query Components with Apollo – Kureev Alexey – Medium”
- Jenkins can speed up repetitive tasks that robots are much better performing and Docker simplifies spinning up VM’s for your application in a very simple and repeatable way.
- What I’m going to cover here is how to setup your Jenkins server in a Docker container and how to fix some of the limits of the Jenkins official image.
- While it is nice of Jenkins to offer an official docker image, you’ll quickly run into a few issues if you are doing anything even slightly other than compiling plain Java.
- For instance, Maven, the popular dependency management tool for Java, is not included in the Docker container.
- You’ve learned to create a Jenkins Docker-container that’s ready to run jobs for Java, Ruby and NodeJS projects.
Setup your Jenkins server in a Docker container and fix some of the limits of the official image I discovered so you can get up and building faster.
Continue reading “How to make Jenkins build NodeJS, Ruby, and Maven on Docker”
- There were several reasons why I chose React Native as my new framework and I want to share with you which were these reasons :Frequently, I use some applications which are built with React Native such as Booking, Airbnb, Facebook and Instagram.
- Their animations, performance and UI are almost native and It is difficult to feel and see difference between Android Native and React application.Another thing I saw was that big companies are starting implement and get involved on React Native.
- But I could not say the same of React Native here is an example.I made a retrospective about all applications I have made so far in order to found which of them could not be built on React Native.
- Common features I am talking about List, Sign in, Social Logins, Video player, Audio player, Image render, Forms, Tabs, Details views, Navigation and Animations.Write one and run everywhere, it is well know that if you write a React Native you can run on Android and iOS.
- It’s also easy to build part of your app in React Native, and part of your app using native code directly — that’s how the Facebook app works.Sooner or later as Android Developer you will have to learn Kotlin.In conclusion, React Native is a framework cross-platform that has been well built and…
I have been an Android Developer for 4 years. During this time I have had the opportunity to development several Android applications. But since 2 months ago I started coding a new application called…
Continue reading “Why I decided to move from Android to React Native – CloudBoost”
- ReactJS is becoming popular in web development.
- So, if you’re looking to create web applications with interactive UI in quick-time, then ReactJS library suite is your best choice.
- You can build interactive user interfaces quickly with ReactJS to save valuable time and money without compromising the functionality.
- Also, you can render ReactJS on the server-side, which is another advantage of using ReactJS for web development.
ReactJS is an interactive framework which is very simple to use. It is easy to build interactive user interface (UI) with ReactJS as per user’s persona.
Continue reading “ReactJS and The Future of Web Development”
Continue reading “Why Some Developers Prefer Node.js & ReactJS for Application Development”
- One of the questions many React beginners ask: “What’s the React way to fetch data from the server” or “How should I make AJAX calls in React”?
- So, in this article I will try to answer this basic question and list down 5 simple libraries for making AJAX calls in React.
- In the former, official React tutorial, they use jQuery to fetch data from the server.
- Here is how a simple API call is made, with jQuery: – – P.S. Snippet is from React’s former official tutorial.
- However, jQuery is a big library with many functionalities – So, it doesn’t make sense to use it just for making API calls (Unless you are already using it for a bunch of other tasks).
I have been working with React for the last two years. One of the questions many React beginners ask: "What’s the React way to fetch data from the ser.
Continue reading “5 best libraries for making AJAX calls in React”
- Learn React Fundamentals and Advanced Patterns âď¸ đÂ đTwo and a half hours of new (beginner and advanced) React material are now available for free on Egghead.io!âź NOTE âźď¸ The Beginnerâs course will be free FOREVER.
- However, the Advanced Patterns Course will only be free until ~10:00 PM EST on December 10th, 2017 (originally this was the 8th, but Egghead gave us 2 more days.
- They are both free now so I encourage you to give them a look!Introducing Advanced React Component Patterns (1:44)Build a Toggle Component (2:01)Write Compound Components (4:06)Make Compound React Components Flexible (4:01)Make Enhanced React Components with Higher Order Components (3:22)Handle prop namespace clashes with Higher Order Components (3:47)Improve debuggability of Higher…
- đ¤The Beginnerâs course is joining the ever growing Egghead.io âCommunity Resourcesâ which means it will be free forever!
- The Advanced course is free for now and will eventually be used to fund Eggheadâs community resources by converting to pro content by the end of this week.
Two and a half hours of new (beginner and advanced) React material are now available for free on Egghead.io! ‼ NOTE ‼️ The Beginner’s course will be free FOREVER. However, the Advanced Patterns…
Continue reading “Learn React Fundamentals and Advanced Patterns ⚛️ 🎁 🆓”