- ESLint rules apply for a lot of different code style use cases.
- We could use other extensions as well, but at this time the Airbnb Code Style and the according ESLint configuration are very popular and well accepted by developers.
You want to setup ESLint in your ReactJs project? But your project includes Babel and Webpack? This article will guide you through all the options with style guides such as Airbnb’s style guide, the setup process for ESLint in React, and more beneficial recommendations to follow styling rules in your project …
Continue reading “React Code Style with ESLint + Babel + Webpack”
- The file .eslintrc is a JSON file responsible for configuring your individual linting rules.
- Each import would result in a linting error.
- Using the “translate_tabs_to_spaces” key neutralizes the default linting rule “no-mixed-spaces-and-tabs” .
- As our code is guarded by linting rules, we are guaranteed to produce consistent code, increasing maintainability.
ESLint helps us catch mistakes by enforcing consistent standards and best practices. As our code is guarded by linting rules, we are guaranteed to produce consistent code, increasing maintainability.
Continue reading “Use ESLint Like a Pro with ES6 and React – Zsolt Nagy”
- We added a rule to check the length of our lines of code.
- We need to add the eslint-plugin-react .
- There are no errors displayed, because we didn’t specify any rules .
- You will learn how to extend your ESLint rules with existing best practices rules of companies like Airbnb.
- We can either specify our rules within the webpack configuration or follow a best practice to have a dedicated file for the rules.
The ESLint in React + Babel + Webpack tutorial will teach you how to setup ESLint in a React + Babel + Webpack environment. In addition to…
Continue reading “ESLint in React + Babel + Webpack – Medium”