- ReactJS focuses only on the rendering of View (part of MVC), as it does not implement the entire MVC pattern, but tightly focuses on the development of components (views) which are displayed on the user-interface so that it is more efficient in developing dynamic and interactive user-interfaces and its components….
- Traditionally, when we used to change the data (model in MVC) at server-side, we used to reload the entire page (at client-side) to implement or reflect the updates from the server, which make processing very slow and creates bad user-experiences.
- But ReactJS has solved these issues as it works at the client-side and takes care of the updates from the server by just changing those particular components or parts of interfaces which are changed, and it does not reload the entire page.
- DOM (Document Object Model) is the user-interface or HTML document which is rendered or displayed on the screen, and if we have to rerender the entire DOM every time to reflect the changes that come from the server, it would be very expensive and take many CPU-cycles and processor time….
- To overcome these issues, ReactJS creates Virtual DOMs in memory and whenever any data is changed at the server, ReactJS rewrites the Virtual DOM, and then it performs “diff” operations between all Virtual DOMs… one which was created initially and the other which is created after the change of data….
Continue reading “INTRODUCTION TO REACTJS – weLearn WeCode – Medium”
- Talk by Kaloyan Kosev: React Native App — Expectations vs Reality.superKaloI had a chance to be part of a team that started developing a decent size React Native mobile app from scratch.
- As a developer with a solid React background, I had some expectations at first.
- During my initial research, everything sounded terrific: performance stats, ease of development, learn-once-use-everywhere, debugging tools, etc.
- But is everything terrific really?I’m excited to share my journey about how my expectations met the reality.
- I’ll also try to address the most popular misconceptions about React Native, which front-end developers usually have before they have the chance to actually built something.
As the applications we write tests against grow more complex we might stumble into testing errors stemming from asynchronous and time-dependent behaviour. This talk will characterize several…
Continue reading “Vue.js, React Native, Node.js and JS Testing – Bulgaria Web Summit 2018 – Medium”
- So, what advantages and disadvantages of React Native app development can we distinguish?
- Many mobile IT companies consider the ability to develop cross-platform apps as the main advantage of React Native.
- Therefore, when building an app with React Native framework, developers operate with blocks that can be easily managed.
- Moreover, as its library only grows with each coming year, it becomes more and more beneficial and easy to use React Native in your mobile development.
- One of React Native’s main advantages is the possibility to reuse code and build mobile apps for both Android and iOS platforms at the same time.
React Native is only two years old but it has already proved its usefulness. Lolita Rogers weighs in on the advantages and disadvantages.
Continue reading “React Native: A new competitor to native development?”
- It uses rails to include only JS and Webpack compiled files which was perfect match for the use case.Figuring solutions is always easy, The difficult part is to figure out the problemReact_on_rails has given the instructions to setup existing rails project so I started with them but ran into many…
- In this particular case, figuring out the problem became worse as the errors were misleading.The Aha Moment: Devil was in the detailsFinally to figure out the problem I created a sample project from scratch using react_on_rails new project setup instructions and started comparing the generated code with my existing project.
- This particular information turned out to be crucial to get out of the problem I was facing which I was not aware of at that time.SolutionTo solve this issue just change your API controller to base controller.
- Though I would suggest to convert your entire rails-5 api only app to normal rails app.
- Once you have resolved everything run$bundle installThis will convert your rails-5 API only app to rails app which can easily be integrated with react_on_rails.
Integration of react and rails using react_on_rails gem in an existing rails-5 api only project
Continue reading “Rails, React and me – codeburst”
- Guests: Rotem Mizrachi Meidan of Wix to Discuss Testing with Detox.
- In today’s show the React Native Radio team speaks with Rotem Mizrahi.
- Rotem is part of the core team of the mobile build at six , as he supports infrastructure and testing.
- Rotem speaks about the development of Detox and the important uses.
- Could you use Detox with something like Expo?
This player is only available in HTML5 enabled browsers. Please update your browser or
download the episode
Continue reading “Detox Testing with React Native feat. Rotem Mizrachi Meidan of Wix”
- It’s been tough for developers to create native apps in different OS platforms.
- Moreover, developing the native apps for different platforms requires skill sets and experience pertinent to the OS platform.
- As a result, React Native is making progress by providing Real Native experience for different OS platforms.
- The most useful features of React Native are the capability to write source code only in React Native, and the ability to compile it on various OS platforms.
Continue reading “Building Native Mobile Apps with React Native”
- ManageFlitter – http://ManageFlitter.com – is a multi-award winning SaaS social media management product.
- Initially you will be leading a team of 2 engineers and 1 designer to take this product from alpha to launch and beyond.
- ManageFlitter is headquartered in Sydney with team members in Canada, Brazil, Ukraine & Russia.
- We are looking for someone with outstanding technical experience and a preference for working with a small smart team to work with us on our new ManageSocial product.
- Whilst this is a remote role our headquarters are in Sydney Australia – this role requires a daily time crossover of at least 3-4 hours with our Sydney team.
Apply online for the job of Team Lead & Node.js / React Developer at ManageFlitter
Continue reading “Love @reactjs & @nodejs?
Work REMOTELY on our new product @ManageSocial.
- React Native works by presenting a consistent model for the user interface regardless of the underlying platform, and emitting a log of changes to that user interface.
- In today’s episode, he explains how Airbnb uses React Native, how React Native works, and the future of the platform.
- Software Engineering Daily listeners can go to weeditpodcasts.com/sed to get 20% off the first two months of audio editing and transcription services.
- As a special offer to Software Engineering Daily listeners, get $50 toward any mattress purchase by visiting casper.com/sedaily and using codeat checkout.
- To learn more and find out why companies like Github, DigitalOcean, and Yelp all use VividCortex to see deeper into their database performance.
Airbnb is a company that is driven by design. New user interfaces are dreamed up by designers and implemented for web, iOS, and Android. This implementation process takes a lot of resources, but it used to take even more before the company started using React Native. React Native allows Airbnb to reuse components effectively.
Continue reading “React Native Interfaces with Leland Richardson”
- So today we are announcing our first open source project for React Native at Hudl.React Native Android Fragment: Native Android Fragment does exactly what its name implies.
- It helps to facilitate the development of a React Native application, for a pre-existing Android application that relies on the framework’s Fragment class.
- It can be downloaded via jitpack and its versioning will attempt to always follow that of React Native’s major.minor versions.Our Android app originated around 2013 when Fragments were the Android standard and we’ve stuck with them ever since.
- For anyone else that has tried to use React Native, you may also realize that support for Fragments is non-existent.
- We hope this library, although small, may help others to get started quickly into the React Native ecosystem.
React Native Android Fragment does exactly what it’s name implies. It helps to facilitate the development of a React Native application, for a pre-existing Android application that relies on the frame
Continue reading “Introducing React Native Android Fragment – In The Hudl – Medium”
- EmberJs, What is the feeling when you hear something about emberJs?
- If you are a front-end developer, it is most likely to use React or Angular2,4!
- Although, there are still so many doubts about choosing this framework.Did you know these popular websites are using Ember?Apple Music, Yahoo!
- , LinkedIn, TinderBox, Netflix, GrouponWhat are the differences?Firstly, Ember is a fully opinionated framework, compare to react which is just a library for updating DOM.Secondly, EmberJs has a powerful CLI for creating anything like models and controllers.Thirdly, Facebook has developed React, but, this team is responsible for maintaining Ember.Of course, there are so many technical differences rather than these three points ( You can read more about them here ), however, I just wanted to mention general and bold ones.At the end:Both frameworks are so great in development and there are so many known products written with them.
- As I see, there are two reasons for selecting React over Ember:You are a developer who wants to have your own structure and opinion for your product.Your company feels better when they hear about Facebook behind ReactJs.Choose React, if you have one of these reasons, otherwise, Ember definitely is a better choice over ReactJs.I have been using React because of the first reason and I think this would be a reason of so many others.What do you think?
What? EmberJs, What is the feeling when you hear something about emberJs? If you are a front-end developer, it is most likely to use React or Angular2,4! or 5? nowadays!
But what is wrong with…