- So, what advantages and disadvantages of React Native app development can we distinguish?
- Many mobile IT companies consider the ability to develop cross-platform apps as the main advantage of React Native.
- Therefore, when building an app with React Native framework, developers operate with blocks that can be easily managed.
- Moreover, as its library only grows with each coming year, it becomes more and more beneficial and easy to use React Native in your mobile development.
- One of React Native’s main advantages is the possibility to reuse code and build mobile apps for both Android and iOS platforms at the same time.
React Native is only two years old but it has already proved its usefulness. Lolita Rogers weighs in on the advantages and disadvantages.
Continue reading “React Native: A new competitor to native development?”
- The React Native monthly meeting continues!
- Here are the notes from each team: – – Trying to lower the entry barrier for the developers embracing React Native with the following things: – – The next session is scheduled for Wednesday 10, October 2017.
- As this was only our fourth meeting, we’d like to know how do these notes benefit the React Native community.
- Feel free to ping me on Twitter if you have any suggestion on how we should improve the output of the meeting.
The next session is scheduled for Wednesday 10, October 2017. As this was only our fourth meeting, we’d like to know how do these notes benefit the React Native community. Feel free to ping me on Twitter if you have any suggestion on how we should improve the output of the meeting.
Continue reading “React Native Monthly #4”
- Adding the TestFairy Gradle plugin to the dependencies and applying the plugin in the Build.gradle, gets the plugin included in the build system.
- I made sure the image built for the containers are immutable, so that if the built image is tagged, it has all the required source code packaged so that a build could be repeated.
- TestFairy for uploading the build for beta testing.
- If you want to keep the setup simple you could always use only the Jenkins environment with the TestFairy Jenkins Plugin and all the build tools deployed within the CI environment.
This post focuses on automation and deployment of a react-native application for beta testing from a continuous integration environment. My workflow includes the following tools 1. Jenkins for triggering the build automation. 2. Docker for containerizing and building,unit testing and deploying. 3. TestFairy for uploading the build for beta testing. Testfairy is a beta testing…
Continue reading “Automating a React-native Mobile Application for Beta Testing”
- ) form so you can see how child components update the parent component’s state, and how the parent then updates the child component via props ( unidirectional data flow ).
- The array of letters is joined again, and the new string is set to component state.
- All of the form element components in this post are pure functional components.
- Regular, or dumb, components receive data from their parent (container) component.
- The component is very similar to the components covered already.
This tutorial covers controlled form components, and best practices like immutability and unidirectional data flow. There’re plenty of examples to borrow and tweak for use in your own projects.
Continue reading “React.js Forms: Controlled Components”