- This time we came up with an experiment to build simple mobile application that allow user to live stream their mobile camera using OpenTok and React Native.
- OpenTok is video platform tool from TokBox community to easily integrate high-quality video,audio streaming with your web or mobile apps.
- Once you ready with your OpenTok account registration process, you can create a new project for your react native mobile app.
- Subscriber component is allow user to join with specified live stream using Session id and Subscriber token like below, – – So the result, we ended up with simple cross-platform mobile app that perform live streaming.
Challenges with React native app development is growing day by day. We are always ready to accept those challenges and make our development process enjoyable.
Continue reading “Build a simple video streaming app with OpenTok & React Native –”
- In this article, we are going to make a comparison of two frameworks, React Native and Ionic, based on our real time experience in frontend development.When developing various products, either for ourselves or for the clients, there has always been a question that interested us: how can we narrow down time and cost of product development.Android and especially iOS developers have always been valued greatly and cost a lot, and when developing for two platforms one has to spend twice as much money.At some point we were experimenting with Cordova, but it didn’t feel as if we can get something valuable out of it.Then we noticed Ionic.
- Now we would like to give you detailed frameworks comparison and explain you why React Native is better solution for our developers.We were always trying to get more expertise on different technologies and use them in practice in order to define the best solution.
- We also kept on watching Ioinc2, which was supposed to become an innovation that would solve many issues that we had while working with Ionic1.The approaches of given frameworks are very different but for us React Native is an ultimate winner.We chose main React Native advantages that are superior in relation to Ionic1/2:Response time that could be compared to native apps.Ability to reuse the code parts (not all code) for desktop (web apps) and mobile (mobile apps) and even for the server.
- (:-))Incredibly convenient toolchain for developers that allows to quickly develop and debug the app.Big amount of elaborated components from Facebook.Even bigger amount of components from community.Ability to realize the ideas of functional programming in development which ensures great stability and reliability of the app and relative scaling simplicity.However, we don’t make a point here that React Native is 100% perfect.
When you start to use new technology, you cannot be sure it will be the best solution. In this article, we are going to make a comparison of two frameworks, React Native and Ionic, based on our real t
Continue reading “Building an app: React Native vs Ionic – Hacker Noon”
- Mostly for CRUD operations.The first problem was to denormalize the entire state (the use of the library “normalizr” is encouraged by redux docs, I didn’t know it when I started and I did it manually) in a way to split it in small pieces, each with a reducer.
- It’s useful and speeds up a lot the development process.DemoSummary of my pros and consProsTest driven development is made easy, thanks to pure functions, and increases the development productivityOnly the root component (I call it container) is connected to the reducer, all the actions and state are passed through props.
- This makes it easy to use component composition and write stateless components.Code linearity, everything is simple and doesn’t differ much from one project to another.Immutability: forcing to keep an immutable state helps a lot avoiding weird bugs.The Log middleware in dev mode, showing all the different states before and after an action is dispatched, is of a great help.ConsIt’s difficult to handle relationships and there isn’t any official library with documentation and support to help you with it.Redundant code, every action is written manually, even the most common, like changing an attribute of the state.Normalizing a complex state with many level of nested objects doesn’t always seem the best approach.My best practicesDirectory structure by module instead of scope.
- A better approach it could be to retrieve the new state from the server when necessary and handle the state relationships on the database layer.TDD on reducers, tests on reducers not only speed up the development but also cover you on possible “silent” bugs on the state.Keep components simple and use component composition.Normalize the state with the use of Reselect libraryHandling complex store relationships (#386)Note from Dan AbramovDeleting is always tricky because there is no first class notion of a schema.
- These reducers will know when to remove IDs from foreign key fields because they know what the schema looks like.Dependencies I will consider in for managing complex form stateRedux-ormA small, simple and immutable ORM to manage relational data in your Redux store.It would be great if CRUD operations were managed with the model declaration with no need to write actions manually.Redux UIGood solution to separate the UI state from the application state.NormalizrLibrary suggested in the official redux documentation for normalizing the application state.Main dependencies for this projectReactReduxReact router v2Redux ThunkReact DnDReselectStyled componentsReact BootstrapBootstrap Material DesignJestConclusionRedux is a good solution for handling complex interface, it is very similar to flux architecture, but if I have to rewrite the application, I would do it in a different way.I would avoid to specify all the logic on the client, moving a part on the server side.A good approach I have seen in some projects, it is to dispatch the actions to the server and with a websockets connection, notify all the connected clients of the changes made.This way the client is responsible only to denormalize and normalize the state received by the server, handle the UI state and presenting the data.On the server side is much easier to handle relationships with an ORM provided by a web framework.This project has been of a great help to make me understand all the caveats redux can reserve for a medium size application.
I have been working on my first project with Redux for the last few weeks. An admin interface to manage and create questionnaires about patients data collection. When writing a small application…
Continue reading “Thoughts on Redux – Pietro Ghezzi – Medium”
Let us quickly take you through some of the best React Native Components you can checkout this weekend.
Continue reading “Awesome React Native Components you should checkout this weekend”
- I believe we’re doing some very interesting things with our code, from the audio player that learns user preferences based on play patterns to the extremely tight VoiceOver integration.
- Out Loud’s audio player slowly learns your preferences and rearranges audio selections to match them
- An audio guide for people who hate museum audio guides
- Code for Out Loud is open-sourced under the MIT license.
- Never miss a story from The Studio , when you sign up for Medium.
Over the past few months we’ve been working really hard with The Andy Warhol Museum to create Out Loud, the museum’s new inclusive audio guide, available today as a free download in the Apple App…
Continue reading “Code Release: Out Loud – The Studio”
- A framework for creating ambitious web applications
- The framework facilitates extension of HTML syntax and creates reusable components by directives.
- Determining which framework is right for you is simply a matter of evaluating your application’s needs versus the strengths of each framework.
Continue reading “Comparison of JS Frameworks: Angular.js vs React.js vs Ember.js”
- After the blog, I hope it becomes easier for you to decide on the technology for web application development.
- It has resulted in increased efficiency of development of web applications.
- It is now among most popular frameworks for web app development .
- Reat.js offers SX files that suits contemporary way of web application development.
Read the full article, click here.
@rasinbekkevold: “#AngularJS or #ReactJS? Which one suits my #business requirement? #WebsiteOntwikkeling”
AngularJS or React JS? Which one suits my busin…