- Today we are going to learn how to create a simple augmented reality experience using a library called A-Frame and React.
- We are going to take what I learned from that and create a relatively simple application that takes an equirectangle image and use it as our back drop for the beginnings of a virtual experience.
- A-Frame is a web framework used to build virtual reality experiences built on top of technologies like three.js and the WebVR API The Mozilla VR Team developed it as a fully open project.
- We now need to import A-Frame into our React component and then add our first tag, the scene.
- Update the render function of your component by adding some entities: – – A-Frame gives you access to a lot of primitive entities out of the box so we can add a sphere by just using the tag.
Editor’s Note: We are excited to have a guest blogger on our blog for this article! Jordan Papeleo is a technologist, programmer, and code mentor who has deep passions about growing developers, his community, his faith, and his mustache.
Continue reading “Fullstack React: React and WebVR using A-Frame”
- React Native it’s a very new technology announced on the beginning of 2015 – just a couple years ago – where the main objective is to allow the development of mobile apps using the same design as React, letting you compose a rich mobile UI from declarative components.
- I had a really great time working with React Native and after developing the base components I felt that creating new screens was even faster than coding on native languages.
React Native main objective is to allow the development of mobile apps using the same design as React.
Continue reading “From native to React Native”
- React Component Text View View Text If you like React on the web you’ll like React Native Text Text You just use native components like and instead web components like and Text View
With React Native, you don’t build a “mobile web app”, an “HTML5 app”, or a “hybrid app”.
- React Native uses the same fundamental UI building blocks as regular iOS and Android apps.
- React Component Image ScrollView Text ScrollView Image source uri style width height Text On iOS a React Native ScrollView uses a native UIScrollView On Android it uses a native ScrollView On iOS a React Native Image uses a native UIImageView On Android it uses a native ImageView React Native wraps the fundamental native components giving you the performance a native app plus the clean design React Text ScrollView
React Native lets you build your app faster.
- It’s also easy to build part of your app in React Native, and part of your app using native code directly – that’s how the Facebook app works.
- React Component Text View TheGreatestComponentInTheWorld View TheGreatestComponentInTheWorld Text TheGreatestComponentInTheWorld could use native Objective C Java or Swift the product development process is the same Text View
Continue reading “Why develop for both iOS and Android? #Develop once, publish many!
- About this Workshop
- It uses the same design as React, letting you compose a rich mobile UI from declarative components following the principle “Learn once, write anywhere”.
Continue reading “Introduction to React Native for iOS”
- We’ll be using Cosmic JS to install our example app, deploy and make content updates moving forward from the cloud-based Content Management Platform.How To Make a Simple Twitter Clone with React NativeReact Native Twitter Clone AppReact Native Twitter Clone App Codebase on GitHub1.
- Cosmic JS provides apps filtered by Utility, such as Web, iOS, Android, Blog, Contact Form and more; also capable of being filtered by programming language such as Node.js, PHP, React and more.Install the React Native Twitter Clone by simply clicking “Install Free”.
- We’ve just installed a React Native Twitter clone that uses Cosmic JS for data storage.
- If you have questions about the Cosmic JS API, please reach out to the founders on Twitter or Slack.Carson Gibbons is the Co-Founder CMO of Cosmic JS, an API-first Cloud-based Content Management Platform that decouples content from code, allowing devs to build slick apps and websites in any programming language they want.
Continue reading “Install a React Native Twitter Clone in 3 Steps – Hacker Noon”
React Native Performance written by Pierre Monge: one of the many blog articles from Packt Publishing
Continue reading “React Native Performance”
- Another common question regarding ReactJS is whether it is necessary to learn Flux to learn ReactJS .
- Unlike AngularJS , ReactJS is not a framework, it’s a library.
- The prospect is that a lot of companies will still use AngularJS for quite a while.
- It is entirely possible to write an application in ReactJS without the use of Flux and Redux .
- The Facebook team with ReactJS solved these problems through the Virtual DOM – object that maps the whole tree of the DOM .
AngularJS is one of the most famous framework out there, gaining a lot of momentum lately. Some reasons for its popularity are: community engagement, open-source, the interest of the google team, etc…
Continue reading “Differences between AngularJS, VueJS and ReactJS – hello JS”