- Thatâs not what CSS-in-JS is about regardless of the hype.Styled Components Isnât the Right Choice for EveryÂ TeamIâm not saying Styled Components is better than Radium, Aphrodite, Glamor, Glamorous, Emotion, or any of the other CSS-in-JS libraries.
- BEM, SMACSS, and other CSS patterns provide a lot of great guidelines for managing styles.
- đ)From my experience, building a component library is the best way to keep UI consistent and predictable across applications, and CSS-in-JS has been the best tooling available to build these libs.Why We Chose Styled ComponentsWe â¤ď¸ Styled ComponentsWe were drawn to CSS-in-JS for the reasons mentioned above, but Styled Components…
- Along with the basic Sass support, thereâs also Polished, a small toolset created by Styled Components to provide additional Sass functionality and other helpful tooling.Native MobileÂ SupportOur team is also in the process of developing a native mobile app with React Native.
- Those conversations will help establish patterns for best-practices leading us to more consistent and predictable UI.Final ThoughtsStyled Components has been great for our team, and I think it could be really useful for a lot of other teams as well.
Unfortunately Twitter is not ideal for providing context and longer explanation, and I thought this might be a good way to follow up. Given that, a lot of this article describes what led to our…
Continue reading “Why We Use Styled Components – Hacker Noon”