- Why use HOC: Promote reuse of logic across React components.
- How to use HOC: The core structure of a HOC is a function that takes a component and returns a new component.
- HOC are pure functions with no side-effects because the component passed in, is wrapped in a new component.
- The HOC looks like this: – – State now has a property to inject data from the API fetch into the wrapped component via the prop.
- React Redux connect has a different function signature of a function returning a function which accepts one argument (ie, ‘component’) to create a HOC.
Understand why and how to use higher-order components with React JS
Continue reading “Understanding higher-order components”