- TL;DR;appr builds and deploys pull requests in your create-react-native-app and Expo-based projects, and posts a link and a QR code to your PR, so you can run the app on your device or emulator in seconds!Great teams review their codeI’m sure you’ll agree: Code reviews are a useful tool in a development team’s workflow.
- You wouldn’t release code to production without having another pair of eyes on it first, would you?Thankfully, GitHub makes code reviews simple.
- Netlify offers the same functionality for deploying static front end sites.Sadly, this one-click workflow hasn’t been available to mobile developers without setting up complex build and deployment pipelines, and even then, installing an app to be able to test a simple change still takes way too long.Inspired by Expo Sketch, I wanted to see if it would be possible to set up review apps for React Native.Introducing apprAppr is a script that deploys pull requests in your project to Expo, and posts a link and a QR code to your PR.
- Point your Expo app camera to the QR code and the review app will launch on your device.
- Switching to your preferred CI should be easy, and PRs to add support are welcome!To make testing your pull requests easy, head to FormidableLabs/appr on GitHub and follow the simple Getting started guide to add appr to your project!
Jani builds React Native apps at Formidable, a Seattle/London-based consultancy and open-source shop. You can follow him on Twitter as @jevakallio. appr builds and deploys pull requests in your…
Continue reading “Guest Post: Automatically Deploy Pull Requests for Create React Native App and Expo Projects”