- If you’ve enjoyed this article, please share it and recommend it (that little green heart just below).
- The consequence of using the functional component syntax is that you lose access to the component methods we just talked about.
- Higher-order components are a common pattern for giving a component access to new tools.
- A HoC is a component that you can wrap around another component to pass it special props, and it’s typically created using a higher-order component factory function .
- And we’ve also talked about the component methods supported by these classes.
A few years ago, my friend Sean started telling me how this brand new front-end library called React was going to take over the web. At first I dismissed it as just another framework fad. But then I…
Continue reading “React’s Five Fingers of Death. Master these five concepts, then master React.”