- Converting a React App to React NativeI have been working on a lot of mobile projects lately — including Cordova, PhoneGap, React Native, some Ionic and Swift — but I have to say, React Native is by far the best experience in mobile development I have had so far.
- It shares the same workflow as a React application for the web which is pretty easy to reason about and find where things are quickly.Now I am building an app to gamify recycling in Indiana.
- Since the web app is in React, I figured it would be easier to build the Native version in iOS and Android at the same time using React Native.Here are some mockups to give you an idea.
- (I changed the menu from the right side to the left side after this)Setting Up the React Native AppWhere React Native outdoes React is on it’s simple set up for apps.
- That was pretty quick and easy —I just installed a few modules and wrote a minimal amount of code.List ViewsMost of the components I made I was able to copy from my web app and just update the UI.For this app, I have an ever-growing array of various characters that I wanted to display in a scrollable list on mobile.
I have been working on a lot of mobile projects lately — including Cordova, PhoneGap, React Native, some Ionic and Swift — but I have to say, React Native is by far the best experience in mobile…
Continue reading “Converting a React App to React Native – Gwendolyn Faraday – Medium”
- But right now I can not afford to work on my spare time as much as the project currently requires it.
- I have been a part of this project since its early prototype days, and was able to spend quite some time working on it, including joining 3 code sprints fully focusing on it.
- The time I have to offer is not much, about 20-30 hours per month, but it could allow me to concentrate on the boring parts of the rewrite such as polishing the visual looks of the components as well as those details that are a bit hard to provide in spare time.
- So I’m looking for sponsors that would allow me to relocate some of my freelancing time towards finishing the UI rewrite .
- The project will have immediate benefits like improved performance, correctly working media-queries and higher robustness of the UI due to the use of iframe for site content.
Neos CMS team is currently in the middle of UI rewrite on top of React. This project will have immediate benefits like improved performance, correctly working media-queries and higher robustness of the UI due to the use of iframe for site content. But main aim for it is to support ambitious plans of our project (such as structured editing of content) that would require a modern foundation.
Continue reading “dimaip/rewrite-sponsorship.md Last active Nov 28, 2016”
- We’re always trying to stay compatible with the latest version of React.
- To extend the examples with a new example, you can simply duplicate one of the existing examples and change the unique properties of your example.
- The example below shows how to include the css from this package if your build system supports requiring css files (webpack is one that does).
- The master branch contains the latest version of the Datepicker component.
- By default, the date picker will use the locale globally set in moment, which is English.
Read the full article, click here.
A simple and reusable datepicker component for React