- But for a feature rich app experience, it’s just not going to give good enough results.Even Facebook initially built their app as a mobile web app to be able to roll out features faster, but eventually switched back to native.Write once, build nativeIf each native platform needs code written in it’s…
- Microsoft has invested heavily in cross platform mobile tooling, because as less than 1% of the global market for mobile devices, no one is going to build apps for just their platform alone.A slightly different approach is used by React Native (and Native Script).
- While the word hybrid is certainly apt, React Native works so differently from the HTML based hybrid app options, I’d like to think of it as different class instead, with it’s main characteristic being the way it plays puppeteer to the native interface.The way that this works in practice is…
- So far, I haven’t needed this escape hatch, but it’s good to know that it’s there.SummaryHere’s my opinionated breakdown.Separate native mobile apps give a good result but having multiple code-bases is both too expensive and too slow for fast-moving companies.Mobile friendly web design is very important for all websites, but…
You’re an entrepreneur or project manager trying to see if a technical decision is right for your business, but what’s the most cost effective way for your engineers to build a mobile product? As a…
Continue reading “How to mobilise your idea – Cogent Blog”
- Using your own SDK and other specific tools to create applications for native platforms provides more productiveness of the development team.
- The main, and perhaps the only significant drawback of native development is its higher cost in comparison with cross-platform, which is especially felt while creating fairly simple applications in terms of functionality.
- In order to create a cross-platform application with React Native, the developer does not need any specific knowledge of programming for Android or iOS.
- The next updates of the application created by React Native in the App Store are bypassed by its main policy (meaning the standard waiting time is 2 weeks, which is necessary to approve the access rights to the application for this Internet platform visitors).
- Cross-platform development with React Native will be most suitable for creating simple applications from the point of functionality, such as news portals, weather forecasting applications, etc.
How to make the right choice between native app development vs React Native cross-platform development. Is React Native native after all?
Continue reading “A Hard Choice to Make: React Native vs Native”
- The goodies it brings — abstract and concrete classes, types, interface, enums are hard to resist.As we started on the development of the app, I thought it would be a good idea to put our learnings here in a series as it not only will help us document our tasks but would also help other react-native learners and developers.In this series, we will document step-by-step each task that we work on during the development of this app, right from the initial project set-up to its final implementation and release to the app store.What app we are going to developThe app we would be developing would be a simple photo albums app, where user can create an album and add photos to its from his/her mobile.Tech-stack to be usedUI using react-native + TypescriptStorage — Azure DocumentDBREST API using node.js, Azure DocumentDB Node APIAuthentication — oAuth (Facebook and Google)Targeted platformsIn its first version, we are planning to target only Android platform simply because couple of us in the team don’t own a Mac Book and apple doesn’t allow to develop iOS apps from any other operating system.Github RepoOur LimitationsWe are all learners of react/react-native, also this being a side project that we all will work on in our spare time, we are anticipating the project to go on a bit slow pace.Functional Testing — we don’t have a QE Automation expert in our team yet, so for most of its part Functional testing would be manual3.
- Environment — for the UI app, we will use emulators on our local system to test our code.
- Being a mobile app, it would be released to Android Playstore and thus we don’t need to maintain any servers for the UI app4.
- So stay tuned, more stories to come soonInterested in joining us in this wonderful journey?we’ll be glad to have you in our team, pls email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a little bit about yourself
Couple of weeks back, I and some of my friends, started on a side/hobby project to learn reactJS. We decided on developing a mobile app with react-native just because the idea of developing a native…
Continue reading “Introduction – Developing a native mobile app with React-Native and Typescript – Medium”
- The discussions about the concepts of React Native will be supplemented by you building three great example applications .
- So you should take this course if you would love to learn how to make mobile applications quickly and effectively.
- Overall, it should take around 4 hours to complete.
Coupon 100 10 15 75 Use the Native framework of React JS – React Native – to create the iOS and Android applications of your dreams.
Continue reading “React Native: Build Your Own Mobile Apps Coupon Save 50 %”
- I was obviously building a very easy app that for more experience programmers shouldn’t be any problem to build at all, but still.
- Eventually a google search led me to a github page detailing on how to get a Listview to look like a grid.
- I wasn’t going to send it to the App store, but it just had to look good.
- I used React-Native-Router-Flux for navigation (which I think works surprisingly easy) and created the rest of the empty pages so the flow of the app would be finished.
Ever since I started designing apps I’ve also wanted to be able to build them myself. When I was still studying I primarily focused on design so there wasn’t much time for me to learn how to program…
Continue reading “Learning React Native as a designer – Bart Simons – Medium”
- Log in or sign up for Eventbrite to save events you’re interested in.
- Your email will only be seen by the event organizer.
- Maintain and update application state in your applications using Redux
- Map and Directions: React Native Fundamentals – Boston at Workbar
- Implement Navigation in an application and understand how navigation works
Eventbrite – Nader Dabit presents React Native Fundamentals – Boston – Thursday, February 9, 2017 | Friday, February 10, 2017 at Workbar, Boston, MA. Find event and ticket information.
Continue reading “React Native Fundamentals”
- Reuse Protractor E2E test cases to check for performance regressions using protractor-perf Functional testing guards the app from code…
- We will look at a typical developer workflow and the way ReactNative is tied to developer tools.
- TL;DR; A custom renderer for ReactJS that uses Web Workers to run the expensive Virtual DOM diffing calculations – [ link ] Update : A ne…
- Links browser-perf – a tool to automate calculating performance metrics like frame rates for…
- Tl;Dr; ReactJS is faster when Virtual DOM reconciliations are done on a Web Worker thread.
Continue reading “Parashuram’s blog: React Native”