- Unlike Flutterâ€™s Flat App, in React Native we had to use third-party libraries since React Native does not have a UI components library of its own.
- React Native Elements, React Native Material Design and Shoutem are other similar UI libraries that are available to the user.
- Flat App in Flutter performs better than the one in React Native because it has minimal interaction with the native code.
- Hereâ€™s the Drawer from the Flutter Flat App alongwith its React Native equivalent called SideBar: – React Native Flat Appâ€™s SideBar ComponentFlutter FlatAppâ€™s DrawerÂ WidgetInkwell defines a rectangular area of a Material that responds to touch.
- In React Native, we donâ€™t need to create a whole new component to create this ripple effect.
Last year, we launched a React Native starter kit called Flat App. This kit contains a flat UI design along with Redux and NativeBase components for iOS and Android application. Flat App is basically…
Continue reading “We Rebuilt a React Native App with Flutter – GeekyAnts Blog”
- For example: When developing native iOS app, you cannot send a SMS directly by using the platform API, until the native platform SMS application is launched to the user.
- Native Code is Welcome, AnytimeWhen building an app with React Native, it is easy and possible to combine with the components that are written in Java, Swift, Objective-C, .NET, or any other programming language.
- So, for example: If you are familiar with developer tools for Chrome or Safari, the same can be utilized for mobile development.The option to integrate third party plugin means there is less reliance up on the web-view for some crucial functionalities to be embedded to the app.The API functionality can…
Continue reading “7 Reasons Why React Native Is the Right Choice for Mobile App Development”
- To make this happen in reality, the communities of expert developers out there have changed the ruled of the app development by creating super-fast frameworks like React Native and PhoneGap.
- Most mobile app development companies of today are working on improving their React Native and PhoneGap app development skills so as to gratify the business requirements of every company, entrepreneur, startup and enterprise across the worlds.
- Related Article: The 7 Best Hybrid App Development Frameworks for 2017 – – In sum, those not from the tech world may only believe native Android and iOS apps to be the only solutions to delivering an engaging and feature-rich app experience to the users.
Now develop your mobile apps the cross-platform way where they look and feel like native with React Native and PhoneGap. React Native is Facebook’s backed UI component library making app development easier than ever before.
Continue reading “React native or phonegap- build apps the easy way”
- Native Script and React Native ComparisonReact NativeWhether to develop a cross platform application as a native app or as a hybrid app is a crucial dilemma faced by application developers.
- However, some still like to build applications using Native Script and couple it with Angular to enable cross platform experience.This article compares both the approaches for building cross platform applications and help derive a conclusion, as to which is a superior way of building more native application experience.Application development with React NativeReact Native is an application development tool launched by Facebook in March 2015.
- React Native focuses on dirty rendering and speed of development to expedite cross platform application development.Angular JS 2 and Native Script App developmentNative Script is the basic tool used by developers for developing the code for an application.
- Native Script app development essentially follows a more holistic approach, with lower level UI elements to make it transparent and repeatable between multiple mobile platforms.
- Therefore, this approach is clearly not focused on speed and performance like React Native.Key DifferencesReact Native:Same base code is used to build apps for multiple platforms.Abstracts the business logic in order to support the different UI rendering on each platform.Applications have to interpret between multiple UI paradigms as they use the same code on different platformsEven though the application can be written in a platform-agnostic manner, React Native allows access to platform specific UI layer as well.Speed and Performance focus of React Native allows for hybrid applications to be ready and rendered very fast.Better suited for apps where the UI is complex, needs to be resource intensive, required lots of rendering and involves various custom elements.Native Script:Fundamentally follows the ‘write once, run anywhere’ approach.Focuses on creating a singular development experience, irrespective of the platform.Applications turn out to be more conceptually consistent due to the coupling with Angular JS 2, which has a declarative UI focus.Several UI elements are kept at a lower level in order to manage the UI transparently on multiple platforms.Dependence on Angular for driving the application’s architecture makes the app development slower than React Native.Ideal for generic, database powered apps that don’t require complex UI elements on multiple platforms.In conclusion, deciding which approach is better for developing a cross platform application can depend on the need and purpose of the application.
Whether to develop a cross platform application as a native app or as a hybrid app is a crucial dilemma faced by application developers. Ever since the launch of React Native, developers have…
Continue reading “Native Script and React Native Comparison – Viraj C – Medium”
- I was obviously building a very easy app that for more experience programmers shouldn’t be any problem to build at all, but still.
- Eventually a google search led me to a github page detailing on how to get a Listview to look like a grid.
- I wasn’t going to send it to the App store, but it just had to look good.
- I used React-Native-Router-Flux for navigation (which I think works surprisingly easy) and created the rest of the empty pages so the flow of the app would be finished.
Ever since I started designing apps I’ve also wanted to be able to build them myself. When I was still studying I primarily focused on design so there wasn’t much time for me to learn how to program…
Continue reading “Learning React Native as a designer – Bart Simons – Medium”
- The Windows plugin for RNPM will automatically install the react-native and react peer dependencies for react-native-windows if they have not been installed.
- Adding React Native for Windows to Existing Projects Link
- npm install –save-dev rnpm-plugin-windows rnpm windows
- E.g., if you have files MyComponent.windows.js and MyComponent.js , node-haste will choose MyComponent.js for Android and iOS and MyComponent.windows.js for Windows.
- Installing the React Native Universal Windows platform extension is easy, whether you want to add the Windows platform to your existing app, or you want to start from scratch building an app just for Windows.
Continue reading “Creating Universal Windows Apps With React Native – Smashing Magazine”
- React Native apps sport a highly responsive interface.
- The fact of the matter is that iOS and Android are two entirely different ecosystems developing native apps for them is seen as the bane of developers.
- Gets the major drawback covered.
- Android app development requires learning of Java and the Android SDK. Apart from that, you need to bear the pain of staying updated with the latest features these two major ecosystems offer time and again.
- You will agree that developing native apps for two different platforms is a painstaking and tedious task.
Continue reading “7 Reasons Behind Skyrocketing Popularity of React Native”
- You can refer the infographics below for these 5 libraries we chose to work with react js based client application development –
- For asynchronous activities in React Apps with Redux – this library can be used.
- Though small applications can be made just by using React JS library itself but for enterprise level applications – it is best to use some of the open source libraries.
- Using these libraries and with some scripts and tools, you can create a highly scalable and maintainable app with exceptional development experience.
Read the full article, click here.
@cheezycode: “Libraries we used in our React JS based App.
In the world of programming, everyone is concerned about performance. Although the system are getting more and more advanced but hunger for…
CheezyCode: 5 Popular Libraries For React JS Apps
- The code looks obsolete.
- To determine the loophole, we need to open the code and find out what’s there in it that’s not letting your code execute.
- If technology supports code packaging, then the app built using the technology would load faster.
- Leveraging React.JS library Require.JS, the code can be efficiently loaded.
- React.JS, not as old as Angular.JS, but it’s flexible and enable developers to use the existing code, the way they like.
Read the full article, click here.
@Brainvire: “#AngularJS And #ReactJS – Incomparable, But Still The Rage Is On!”
Angular.JS And React.JS- Incomparable, But Still The Rage Is On!
- Testing React Native code
- Understanding how React Native works
- Part 2: React Native Application Development
- Implementing React Native components and APIs
- Appendix A: Installing and running React Native
Read the full article, click here.
@ManningMEAP: “New MEAP! React Native in Action by Nader Dabit @manningbooks #reactnative @dabit3”
Part 1: Getting Started With React Native