- A 30,000 foot view of i18next would be that it provides a function that takes a key, some options, and returns the value for the current language.
- Because the function will likely be called several times in an app, the creators of i18next have chosen a shortname: – which is short for translate.
- Although i18next is designed to work with many frameworks, this post will focus on how to internationalize a React app using i18next.
- In order to use i18next with React, the function needs to be made available to the components that need to be internationalized.
- The React binding for i18next provides the component.
A brief introduction to internationalizing a React app using i18next.
Continue reading “I18n with React and i18next ← Alligator.io”