- Software Engineer at Propel(x), Workshop Chapter Leader at Girl Develop It
- â ¢ How data moves around on the web, and what is possible using a server
- If you have any questions at all about the workshop, please leave a comment below!
- The workshop is taught by Esther Weon, Software Engineer at Presence Product Group.
Node.js is a popular back-end JavaS
@gdisf: Make a simple @twitter clone with @reactjs and @nodejs this weekend!
We will teach the basics of server-side and front-end development with Node.JS and React. We will go through creating a web server and setting up routes to installing dependencies and organizing and displaying our app data inside a browser.
This workshop is taught by Esther Weon, Software Engineer at Presence Product Group.
What will I learn from this workshop?
• How data moves around on the web, and what is possible using a server
• How to create a Node web server using the Express.js framework to fetch data from a database
• How to use npm to install and manage dependencies
• How to create routes, controllers, and views for a Node application
• How using React will benefit a project
• How to break down user interfaces into modular React components
• How React uses the Virtual DOM and one-way data flow to be lightning-fast
• How data is passed around between React components
Who is this class for?
Need help convincing your employer to pay for this class? Check out these 9 reasons why they should!
What will I need to bring?
• A laptop with Git and NVM installed
• A charger
• A text editor (e.g. Sublime, TextMate, etc.)
• A Github account (Sign up here for free)
If you have any questions at all about the workshop, please leave a comment below!
There will be a 1-hour break at noon. Lunch will be provided on both days.
Hi Sowmya! Unfortunately at the moment, we can only offer limited scholarships for our beginner intro workshops.
Hi! That is correct, it’s 10am – 5pm each day with lunch provided around noon.