- The React project originated at Facebook; the open source project has a BSD license and a patent rights grant from Facebook.
- It has no support for models or controllers, although there are projects related to React that cover these functions, along with routing.
- You can easily combine React with other architectures.
Learn the key concepts behind React and how to use JSX elements and components to build lean and fast web front ends
Continue reading “Get started with React: The InfoWorld tutorial”
- Zaha: a visual note taking appDemo: is a simple visual note taker / mood board made with React.You create your visual notes by adding a mix of text or image notes on to the board.
- You can drag around each text/image note around the board or edit it’s color highlight for more organizing within the board.This project is mostly based on how I come up with ideas for projects or crystalize concepts in my head.
- I usually collect inspiration images and texts (mostly quotes) to get me started with an idea.
- My sketchbook is full of bits and pieces of ideas in the form of nuggets of texts and images.This is v1 and you can’t save your notes yet!
- ( coming soon 🙂 )This project is made at the Recurse Center , where I am currently learning programming.I called the project Zaha — after one of my favorite architect!
“Zaha: a visual note taking app” is published by Tamrat
Continue reading “Zaha: a visual note taking app – Tamrat – Medium”
- While this is a subject of some debate these days, our experiments placing BN after activation on small networks failed to converge as well.To optimize the network we used Cyclical Learning Rates and (fellow student) Brad Kenstlerâs excellent Keras implementation.
- This was hard to defend against as a) there just arenât that many photographs of hotdogs in soft focus (we get hungry just thinking about it) and b) it could be damaging to spend too much of our networkâs capacity training for soft focus, when realistically most images taken with a mobile phone will not have that feature.
- Of the remaining 147k images, most were of food, with just 3k photos of non-food items, to help the network generalize a bit more and not get tricked into seeing a hotdog if presented with an image of a human in a red outfit.Our data augmentation rules were as follows:We applied rotations within Âą135 degreesâââsignificantly more than average, because we coded the application to disregard phone orientation.Height and width shifts of 20%Shear range of 30%Zoom range of 10%Channel shifts of 20%Random horizontal flips to help the network generalizeThese numbers were derived intuitively, based on experiments and our understanding of the real-life usage of our app, as opposed to careful experimentation.The final key to our data pipeline was using Patrick Rodriguezâs multiprocess image data generator for Keras.
- Phase 2 ran for 64 more epochs (4 CLR cycles with a step size of 8 epochs), with a learning rate between 0.0004 and 0.0045, on a triangular 2 policy.Phase 3 ran for 64 more epochs (4 CLR cycles with a step size of 8 epochs), with a learning rate between 0.000015 and 0.0002, on a triangular 2 policy.While learning rates were identified by running the linear experiment recommended by the CLR paper, they seem to intuitively make sense, in that the max for each phase is within a factor of 2 of the previous minimum, which is aligned with the industry standard recommendation of halving your learning rate if your accuracy plateaus during training.We were able to perform some runs on a Paperspace P5000 instance in the interest of time.
- In those cases, we were able to double the batch size, and found that optimal learning rates for each phase were roughly double as well.Running Neural Networks on MobileÂ PhonesEven having designed a relatively compact neural architecture, and having trained it to handle situations it may find in a mobile context, we had a lot of work left
How Silicon Valley build the real AI app that identifies hotdogs — and not hotdogs using mobile TensorFlow, Keras & React Native.
Continue reading “How HBO’s Silicon Valley built “Not Hotdog” with mobile TensorFlow, Keras & React Native”
- We’ll be using Cosmic JS to install our example app, deploy and make content updates moving forward from the cloud-based Content Management Platform.How To Make a Simple Twitter Clone with React NativeReact Native Twitter Clone AppReact Native Twitter Clone App Codebase on GitHub1.
- Cosmic JS provides apps filtered by Utility, such as Web, iOS, Android, Blog, Contact Form and more; also capable of being filtered by programming language such as Node.js, PHP, React and more.Install the React Native Twitter Clone by simply clicking “Install Free”.
- We’ve just installed a React Native Twitter clone that uses Cosmic JS for data storage.
- If you have questions about the Cosmic JS API, please reach out to the founders on Twitter or Slack.Carson Gibbons is the Co-Founder CMO of Cosmic JS, an API-first Cloud-based Content Management Platform that decouples content from code, allowing devs to build slick apps and websites in any programming language they want.
Continue reading “Install a React Native Twitter Clone in 3 Steps – Hacker Noon”
- Actions are a really helpful way to create separation between the different layers of an application, because they are not tightly coupled each layer can be built and tested in pieces.
- It does bring it’s challenges however, whilst the code is loosely coupled, all areas of the code which interact with the action need to have the same expectation of it’s structure.
- At Seccl all our actions follow the same basic structure and TypeScript allows us to define what that is by using an .
- So now that we know the flavours, let’s look at an example of our action interface in the wild.
- What we will create is an interface which describes the called and an action creator which builds the action.
- Pros and cons of vue js
- A developer might not know how to use it but he should have heard about Vue js, because the framework became popular in past few years the number of use the words “Vue js” and “Vue.js” in Google trend in 2016 was more than in four times higher comparing to 2015.
- Advantages of vue js:
Having borrowed from older frameworks, such as Angular and React only the best, Vue.js stands the perfect balance between readability, maintainability of code and the pleasure of it, this code, writing.
- From React Vue.js took a component approach, props, one-way data flow for the component hierarchy, performance, the ability to render on the backend and understanding the importance of proper state management.
- This makes it easy to add the Vue library to the project, like jQuery.All this is possible in the React library, but generally the code written on React relies more on JSX and on the features of ES.
Both React.js and Vue.js have benefits and disadvantages, that may confuse a potential client at first. We’re going to make their comparison in this article.
Continue reading “Reactjs vs Vuejs – What to Choose?
#Vuejs #Reactjs #js”